Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Mirage highlights of the year? 2021!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil B View Post
    In 2021 I put a lot of miles on my 2018 Mirage SE. Among the trips were a 2,000+ mile late January run to Mt. Rushmore (never been there) and the Rapid City area from Chicago, and a 3,000+ mile trip to the East Coast in late summer. I saw old friends, an aunt and uncle who are in their 90s, and visited places I hadn't seen since I was a kid in the 1960s. The states I visited: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, and Massachusettes. Sights included: Flight 93 National Memorial, Antietam National Battlefied, Ocean City Maryland, Cape Cod, Niagara Falls, Harper's Ferry National Park, and a few other places in between.
    I even drove over the top of Manhattan (George Washington Bridge?) which was 40 minutes of sheer terror!

All in all the little Mirage is a good-riding comfy highway cruiser. I'm a 67 year old retiree and the low cost of driving this buggy allows me to take off on a road trip at anytime. Also, this is my first new car purchase in 50 years with an automatic. And I LOVE the CVT!!! There, I said it.

A year full of highlights. And the 2018 Mirage will hit 100,000 miles sometime in January! Next year.....West Coast.

Wil B.
    Broadview, IL
    Wil - That was a most excellent post! Good luck out west. I hope to be in the same position in about 10 years. Like I said in my post, the Mirage is a helluva vehicle!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Wil B (12-25-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I bet if we were magically able to know the vehicle that averaged the most miles out of a JATCO CVT7, the Mirage would be on top.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Wil B (12-25-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I bet if we were magically able to know the vehicle that averaged the most miles out of a JATCO CVT7, the Mirage would be on top.
    So far nary a hiccup with 98,000 miles on this transmission. And it is very much improved from the CVT in my first Mirage - 2015 model. That trans was a little wonky, occasional lagging shifts and hard releases when coming to a stop. All fixed in the 2017-18 models. So no CVT complaints from me!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil B View Post
    So far nary a hiccup with 98,000 miles on this transmission. And it is very much improved from the CVT in my first Mirage - 2015 model. That trans was a little wonky, occasional lagging shifts and hard releases when coming to a stop. All fixed in the 2017-18 models. So no CVT complaints from me!
    Well done! Here's to another 100k miles! Merry Christmas!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Wil B (12-26-2021)