Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Mirage highlights of the year? 2021!

Your Mirage highlights of the year? 2021!

Coming up to the end of the year, what were your Mirage-related highlights?

I had a busy Mirage year:

Sold Mirage #2. (Probably a mistake! That was a nice, problem-free car.)

Bought Mirage #3 for $1800 (Probably a mistake! It's a bit of a beater and has a few problemos!)

The highlight might have been sorting out the balky shifter in Mirage #3, which probably had the wrong transmission oil in it! It's been so much nicer to drive since sorting that out.

==============

What were your Mirage 2021 highlights?

Bought a new one? Memorable road trip? New mods? MPG record? Personal best lap time at Laguna Seca? Rolled past 100K on the odometer? 200K? Still deleriously happy after many years of ownership?

Post a link to your thread if you posted about it already.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (12-24-2021)

I discovered that a 2017 cvt will fit and work perfectly fine in an early production 2014(north america market).
    And discovered I was spending way too much time on this forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (12-23-2021),Dirk Diggler (12-23-2021),inuvik (12-22-2021),MetroMPG (12-23-2021),Top_Fuel (12-24-2021)

And then way too little! Happy medium, my man. Happy medium.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-25-2021),mohammad (12-23-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I discovered that a 2017 cvt will fit and work perfectly fine in an early production 2014(north america market).
    And discovered I was spending way too much time on this forum.
    You solved a monster mystery, dude. I salute you.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I discovered the Mirage's RISE safety cage saved my ass big time. If this was 1998 and I wrecked the way I did in a Geo Metro, I probably be dead or worse.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-23-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Number one accomplishment in 2021 for my 2017 Mitsubishi mirage was to find this forum. Second accomplishment was to install fog lamps, third accomplishment was to install a working cruise control. This has been an incredible year for upgrades to my 2017 mirage. Thanks for all that have been on this forum to help me walk through the upgrades.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuilsam For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-23-2021)

I bought a new sand yellow Mirage earlier this year.
    I have been very pleased with it.
    It regularly achieves 40mpg.
    Cruise works well.
    Most of the accessories are available online, so you might start with a Spartan trim, but you can add what you desire to greater affect later.
    I have some accessories that I have not installed yet because I have been busy with a house project and ran out of warm weather.
    I have the black dash mat to prevent sun damage.
    I have the (real) leather steering wheel cover.
    The oversized glow in the dark shift ball, because it feels good and looks cool.
    I have a heated driver's seat with air and massage.
    Black leather seat back covers too, I have some heavy duty Velcro that will be sewn to connect front and back covers so that there will be more support for the covers and there will be no interference with airbag function.
    I insulated the entire length of the Mirage with waterproof underlayment after using Noise mat on all accessable metal surface. I have covered everything but the rear hatch and roof area, the difference is signíficant.
    The factory speakers were replaced by four New MTX speakers.
    The popular aftermarket center council was added.
    I installed the LED fog lamps and activated that function using the old method of door opening and closings.
    I modified the factory hub caps, added an LED daylight DL and an LED turn signal flasher on the mirrors.
    I have a quantity of additional mods that I have not got to yet.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ret_Marine2003@Yahoo.com For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-23-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Wow I would love to hear more about some of the future mods that you're planning as well. Great job man

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I bought 8 tires this year for my 8 year old Mirage. Hankook all-weathers for the spring, summer and fall; and Kumho winters. Living in Ontario I should have had winters for those other 7 winters owning my car, however I always only had all-seasons. So improvements for sure! I think I have had my weathertechs almost a year and they are great, annoying boot squeak sound now though.

My Mirage looks identical, and drives identical to the day I bought it. Seems a bit louder now. Paint has maybe faded a bit, and some interior trim has faded like the piano black dash. Tear in the seat. Left speakers the tweeters are all mush. The rubber thing with the rivets surrounding the wheel well arch are starting to buckle somewhat.
    Last edited by dspace9; 12-23-2021 at 08:15 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ret_Marine2003@Yahoo.com View Post
    I bought a new sand yellow Mirage earlier this year.
    I have been very pleased with it.
    It regularly achieves 40mpg.
    Cruise works well.
    Most of the accessories are available online, so you might start with a Spartan trim, but you can add what you desire to greater affect later.
    I have some accessories that I have not installed yet because I have been busy with a house project and ran out of warm weather.
    I have the black dash mat to prevent sun damage.
    I have the (real) leather steering wheel cover.
    The oversized glow in the dark shift ball, because it feels good and looks cool.
    I have a heated driver's seat with air and massage.
    Black leather seat back covers too, I have some heavy duty Velcro that will be sewn to connect front and back covers so that there will be more support for the covers and there will be no interference with airbag function.
    I insulated the entire length of the Mirage with waterproof underlayment after using Noise mat on all accessable metal surface. I have covered everything but the rear hatch and roof area, the difference is signíficant.
    The factory speakers were replaced by four New MTX speakers.
    The popular aftermarket center council was added.
    I installed the LED fog lamps and activated that function using the old method of door opening and closings.
    I modified the factory hub caps, added an LED daylight DL and an LED turn signal flasher on the mirrors.
    I have a quantity of additional mods that I have not got to yet.
    Your 2021, is the dash board orange at night?