Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Automatic high beams

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Automatic high beams

I have this feature in my 2022 Eclipse Cross and noticed the button on my 2021 G4. I didn't find any mention of it in the features listed but assume its present on Mirages that have a front camera for FCW?Name:  20211226_170948.jpg
Views: 1748
Size:  87.9 KB

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillAce For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-28-2021),inuvik (12-28-2021)

Fancy, it's hard to say. Maybe it's like the fog light and rear fog switch where they install it in all models whether they have that option or not.
    I've never had this feature but it's nice that you can disable it. At least 2-3 times a week I come across some moron in a Sorento on a single lane back road with their high beams(they're bright and you can see all 4 separate headlights on). I flash mine and they never dim. I was gonna start chucking broken spark plugs at them. Now I wonder if they're just have wonderful auto high beams and their sensors are dirty as eff because Alberta winter. I'm too ignorant to know how they are supposed to work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (12-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    My Lexus has this. It is WAY more a PITA than it is worth.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    On other cars like Toyota the stalk would rotate to an "auto" position, you appear to have the same 3 rotational positions as us peasants with older models. Do you not have automatic headlights? I can't imagine having auto highbeams without auto headlights.

I checked the mitsubishi site
    https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage/2022/specs
    BE and SE trims should have auto headlights. SE should have auto high beams. How do you enable auto headlights on your car?

I wonder if lane departure warning and auto high beams and auto wipers are just an ETACS disabled feature or if there is an actual hardware change needed.

On a side note BE and SE trim also now have auto windshield wipers.
    Last edited by mohammad; 12-29-2021 at 05:05 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Fancy, it's hard to say. Maybe it's like the fog light and rear fog switch where they install it in all models whether they have that option or not.
    I've never had this feature but it's nice that you can disable it. At least 2-3 times a week I come across some moron in a Sorento on a single lane back road with their high beams(they're bright and you can see all 4 separate headlights on). I flash mine and they never dim. I was gonna start chucking broken spark plugs at them. Now I wonder if they're just have wonderful auto high beams and their sensors are dirty as eff because Alberta winter. I'm too ignorant to know how they are supposed to work.

Fummins, the auto high beam system normally uses the collision avoidance sensors. These sensors on all cars ive ever driven normally display a warning saying that collision avoidance has been disabled because the sensor is covered up/obstructed. On more modern cars auto wipers are becoming standard because idiots dont realize they need to turn on the wipers when it rains to wipe water away from infront of the sensor. Then they take the car while under warranty to the dealer thinking the sensor is broken.... Heated radars also becoming standard as people dont have time/realize they need to clean the snow off the radar unit.
    Last edited by mohammad; 12-29-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I do not have auto headlights only the auto high beams. Tested it last night on some back roads and it definitely helped me spot deer sooner. It turned off every time a car was in front or behind me and also a couple of times when driveway or street lights fooled it. Seems pretty useful for deer season in my area but i would rather have auto headlights for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BillAce View Post
    I do not have auto headlights only the auto high beams. Tested it last night on some back roads and it definitely helped me spot deer sooner. It turned off every time a car was in front or behind me and also a couple of times when driveway or street lights fooled it. Seems pretty useful for deer season in my area but i would rather have auto headlights for sure.
    You can just leave your headlights on and never touch the switch can't you? I haven't touched my headlight switch in months. Just leave it on and the lights turn on automatically when you pull the key out and open the door and turn back on next time you start it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello yes they do auto turn off but that's not the same as coming on when appropriate any other vehicle with auto headlights that I have use a photocell turn the lights on. Leaving my mom isn't as big of an issue when you have LED headlights that don't draw much play the daytime or generate too much heat for Burnout prickly but I wouldn't want to do that without them.

Sounds like you’re really worried about wearing our light bulbs. I try not to use my brakes and signals for the same reason.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (12-30-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Brake bulbs? I drive a mirage and use the manual brake feature.
    Name:  76023d1262930035-floor-pan-rust-repair-pics-why-replace-your-c-evap-drain-img_0994.jpg
Views: 1747
Size:  62.5 KB
    Does the friction from my brake shoes activate the lights?
    Name:  HTB1mag0oHZnBKNjSZFGq6zt3FXaQ.jpg_300x300.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  10.8 KB