Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting a Youtube channel

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Last edited by mohammad; 09-13-2022 at 10:52 AM. Reason: added video

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

01-7700 (08-23-2022),88coltturbo (07-15-2022),Dirk Diggler (12-30-2021),fc321 (01-09-2022),foama (12-31-2021),Fummins (12-30-2021),mitsumi (07-15-2022),pawpaw (12-30-2021),vintzend (02-24-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    This is a shameless plug.

Since Fummins didnt want to i figured id have a go at making a youtube video its very cringe. I see why Fummins didnt want to do it.

Either way, enjoy everyone. Mitsubishi Mirage Front Brake Pads & Rotors

This took much longer than i anticipated to produce, the video itself is longer than i expected and the audio is cringe. Any and all feedback and mockery will be appreciated.
    I think it was very nicely done!

Thanks for doing it & sharing it with us!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-30-2021),mohammad (12-31-2021)

Very nice. Your garage is HUGE!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (12-31-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Since Fummins didnt want to i figured id have a go at making a youtube video its very cringe. I see why Fummins didnt want to do it.

This took much longer than i anticipated to produce, the video itself is longer than i expected and the audio is cringe. Any and all feedback and mockery will be appreciated.
    Extremely informative, simple to understand, and will probably help many future Mirage owners looking for quality DIY instructions. Well done sir.

However, "The Fummins Show", needs to be produced with a comedic element. It would be a waste if we didn't incorporate Fummins skills in both mechanical engineering and comedy gold. I'm thinking a lot of hot bits, maybe a bad ass intro of Fummins riding his 3 wheeler thru the fronzen tundra, whilst slamming a LaBatt's Blue, maybe have the Crash Test Dummies do the intro song and then we jump right into it like Top Gear. Tackle the hard hitting issues with jokes, do a bit where we drive the cheapest econoboxes, with no winter tires, up to the Hudson Bay, raw dog style or another bit where the Royal Canadian Mounties actually catch up to us in our Mirage with their horses. You know, produce sh&t like that. Completely different ball game from what you're doing. I for one would think Johnny Mullet being the hype man and doing the "Heeeeeeere's Fummins!" would be hot. Fummins call me, we'll due lunch, read my script! I'm kidding, but please do.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-30-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Response

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Extremely informative, simple to understand, and will probably help many future Mirage owners looking for quality DIY instructions. Well done sir.

However, "The Fummins Show", needs to be produced with a comedic element. It would be a waste if we didn't incorporate Fummins skills in both mechanical engineering and comedy gold. I'm thinking a lot of hot bits, maybe a bad ass intro of Fummins riding his 3 wheeler thru the fronzen tundra, whilst slamming a LaBatt's Blue, maybe have the Crash Test Dummies do the intro song and then we jump right into it like Top Gear. Tackle the hard hitting issues with jokes, do a bit where we drive the cheapest econoboxes, with no winter tires, up to the Hudson Bay, raw dog style or another bit where the Royal Canadian Mounties actually catch up to us in our Mirage with their horses. You know, produce sh&t like that. Completely different ball game from what you're doing. I for one would think Johnny Mullet being the hype man and doing the "Heeeeeeere's Fummins!" would be hot. Fummins call me, we'll due lunch, read my script! I'm kidding, but please do.
    You mean Benny Hill Style with Yackety Sax playing?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tewin777 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-30-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Good video! What's everyone's views on opening the bleeder valve on the caliper when compressing the piston in? I know some abs units can be sensitive to it, but I didn't do it when I did fronts on the G4 and have experienced no issues.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

mohammad (12-31-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Good video! What's everyone's views on opening the bleeder valve on the caliper when compressing the piston in? I know some abs units can be sensitive to it, but I didn't do it when I did fronts on the G4 and have experienced no issues.
    Leave the bleeder alone. It's fine. You don't even need tools to push the piston back in on these cars. They can be pushed back in by hand it's slow going but it works if you're too lazy to grab some channel locks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post

There's a guy on You Tube who does small engines (lawnmowers, chainsaws, weed whips, etc...) repairs. It's called "Steve's Small Engine Saloon", & most every job starts with a different type of beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od9Tf-wm4nI

He has 480K subscribers, & he shares some good stuff! I see Fummins' channel being like his!

I have 3 chainsaws, grass trimmer, 2 push mowers, riding lawnmower, log splitter, rototiller, & whatever I forgot is in my garage or storage shed. I've used his advice for a number of things over the years.
    Last edited by Mark; 12-30-2021 at 09:59 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-30-2021),Fummins (12-30-2021)

I prefer to stick with what works(whatever's cheap and doesn't taste like skunk piss). My go-to booze store has been out of 24's of keystone for the last month so I've switched to Old Milwaukee now.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Bring your car up here and we'll do a remake of this(crapy flip phone quality) "race" we had at a buddies acreage years ago. I just found this crappy vijeo on my old laptop. Sadly/thankfully the only sober guy on the property figured it was a better idea to run only two cars at a time after I ran head on into buddy in a cordoba. Good times. I woke up to a dodge dynasty parked upside down in front of my truck the next morning.
    WARNING: VIJEO IS LOUD, FULL OF OBNOXIOUS SCREAMS AND LOTS OF SWEARS.
    I love that man! You got "The Darkness" blaring in the background too. Very cool. Dude if a civil war breaks out down here, we're totally fleeing to Alberta. It seems like a porous border. Lololol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-30-2021)