Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Starting a Youtube channel

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    I like this idea. Get some DeMuro cargo shorts and practice his mannerisms. Members here could help write the script.
    If you can figure out how to get me into the new body style Mirage i would be interested. Ive been checking Turo regularly i havent yet seen one for rent.

If people have any video ideas please do not hesitate to leave them below. Other than changing rear brakes i dont really have any videos planned.

Video #13 was just released:

Mitsubishi Mirage - The hiding spot you didn't know about

only 888 subscribers to go

Last edited by mohammad; 08-24-2022 at 09:19 AM.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Subscribed 👍

3. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle88 For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-25-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    If you can figure out how to get me into the new body style Mirage i would be interested. Ive been checking Turo regularly i havent yet seen one for rent.

If people have any video ideas please do not hesitate to leave them below. Other than changing rear brakes i dont really have any videos planned.

Video #13 was just released:

Mitsubishi Mirage - The hiding spot you didn't know about

only 888 subscribers to go
    So much for my secret hiding spot!!!! Thanks for ruining that!

I kid!

Now I know where to look for hidden keys & dental floss!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-25-2022),Wil B (09-13-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    New videos:

Mitsubishi Mirage - Brake Light Bulb Replacement

Mitsubishi Mirage - Front & Rear Wiper Blade Replacement

Only 872 subscribers to go until monetization

A list of all videos is available on post #1
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    New videos:

Mitsubishi Mirage - Brake Light Bulb Replacement

Mitsubishi Mirage - Front & Rear Wiper Blade Replacement

Only 872 subscribers to go until monetization

How did you come up with the name "Welfare Wagon Repairs"?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    How did you come up with the name "Welfare Wagon Repairs"?
    Oh uh Fummins called it the welfare wagon, then i just added the word "repairs" at the end. The channel originally tried to fixate more on money and discuss the diy vs in store price difference but no one was really watching that part of the videos, so i no longer do it. Also shorter videos are easier to produce and do a little better than ones with alot of talking. Other names i was considering included "poverty mobile mechanics". I am open to renaming the channel, it is a little weird to mention in person.

My main issue at the moment is that I only have a limited number of video ideas left at which point i will re-evaluate and decide what to do, im either going to stop making videos, transition to a talk show of sorts where i explain how parts of the vehicle work, or I will budget for either a project car or expensive upgrades for the mirage.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Mark (09-13-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    New video: Dorman Twist Drain Review and Installation

Only 866 subscribers to go until monetization

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    I like this idea. Get some DeMuro cargo shorts and practice his mannerisms. Members here could help write the script.
    Thank you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-13-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    New video: Dorman Twist Drain Review and Installation

Only 866 subscribers to go until monetization

Dorman Twist Drain Valve 092-020 ($13.81 from Amazon) is definitely cheaper than the Fumoto Oil Drain Valves (F-106, F-106S, F-106N, F-106SX). I have the F-106S ($29.95 from Fumoto). I used some type of discount at the time that covered the shipping costs at least.

The ease of opening the Dorman valve would concern me. It also acts like an oil sprinkler when opened. You will want a good size oil pan centered underneath it. Some have provided pictures in reviews showing this. Dorman looks like it would collect dirt more easily, but the flow of oil through it will probably keep it clean? I am not sure wiping it clean at the end of the drain would be very easy to accomplish.

The Fumoto valves with the short or long nipples allow a hose to be attached. I don't use that feature, but the flow of oil is nicely directed even without a hose attached. Once drained, wiping it clean is easy to do. I have a lot of confidence in the Fumoto valve not opening on its own.

I've been changing my own oil longer than owning my first car (1978 Honda Civic wagon). I would have started with my parents' vehicles in the 1970s. I have never used an oil drain valve until recently.

I like the ease of using the Fumoto Oil drain valve, but I believe some oil remains in the bottom of the pan. I see that as a negative. I lift my vehicles slightly to get under them, and that added angle probably helps (given the oil drain hole is on the back sides of my two current vehicles). I typically change my oil filter as the oil pan is draining.

I have never seen the Dorman style before. It is an affordable alternative.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Dorman Twist Drain Valve 092-020 ($13.81 from Amazon) is definitely cheaper than the Fumoto Oil Drain Valves (F-106, F-106S, F-106N, F-106SX). I have the F-106S ($29.95 from Fumoto). I used some type of discount at the time that covered the shipping costs at least.
    Yes, its cheaper(under $10 on rock auto), I was also hoping a regular socket would fit over it for installation(unlike fumoto). But it didnt so i ended up spending $35+ on a set of crow foot wrenches.
    The ease of opening the Dorman valve would concern me. It also acts like an oil sprinkler when opened. You will want a good size oil pan centered underneath it. Some have provided pictures in reviews showing this. Dorman looks like it would collect dirt more easily, but the flow of oil through it will probably keep it clean? I am not sure wiping it clean at the end of the drain would be very easy to accomplish.
    Im not super concerned as the valve faces the rear of the car and requires it to be pushed toward the front of the car and twisted to open, A force/motion that unlikely to occur when hitting road debris or what have you. Also it has 4.4/5 stars on Amazon so that gives me some confidence. I did find the sprinkler effect photo you mentioned on an advancedautoparts.com review.
    The Fumoto valves with the short or long nipples allow a hose to be attached. I don't use that feature, but the flow of oil is nicely directed even without a hose attached. Once drained, wiping it clean is easy to do. I have a lot of confidence in the Fumoto valve not opening on its own.
    The hose feature is not applicable to me/us as you still need to be using a pan to catch what comes out of the filter. Unless maybe some sort of filter without anti drainback valve is in use and doesnt retain oil in the filter.

I like the ease of using the Fumoto Oil drain valve, but I believe some oil remains in the bottom of the pan. I see that as a negative. I lift my vehicles slightly to get under them, and that added angle probably helps (given the oil drain hole is on the back sides of my two current vehicles). I typically change my oil filter as the oil pan is draining.

I have never seen the Dorman style before. It is an affordable alternative.
    At 6:08 in the video, direct link here I test how much oil is retained in the oil pan with the valve installed and the car on the ground. Although the car was probably slightly angled front down as the garage floor should slope toward the drain in the ground and away from the walls. I estimated that it retained 225ml of oil. To fill the pan and filter full i add approximately 3.25 to 3.4L. That means that I am retaining approximately 7% of the oil when changing it without using ramps/jacks and with the valve. Im ok with that.

Last edited by mohammad; 09-13-2022 at 11:41 PM.