Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: NEW Clutch finally !

I think I'm on ignore or clicking hyperlinks aren't for everyone? Good luck with your matsubiahsi clutch search.

Here.

Now stop arguing about who has the smallest dingus.

Last edited by Fummins; 01-18-2022 at 03:28 PM. Reason: More betters englishes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

klroger (01-18-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    And does anyone else believe a dealership would install a clutch for $200(usd). Let us know how that turns out.
    Not having a clutch replaced, I personally don't have a clue? I am only as smart as a "google search" sometimes.

Some on line quotes -

"In the perfect situation, your clutch replacement could take from 4 to 8 hours to complete. Though since most vehicles in need of clutch replacement are not in perfect shape, it can often take between 5 and 10 hours to complete the project, adding more time for less experience on the mechanics part."

"Generally changing a clutch can take anywhere between 2 to 6 hours. If you book in for the job, we recommend you should put a whole day aside just in case. Like with any other repair job, the length of time taken varies due to a number of factors. Namely, if the part is harder to access and remove in certain vehicles."

"Clutch replacement can take as little as 2-3 hours, but on average the total job time sits at around 5 hours."

I somewhat question a dealership's willingness to install a clutch kit bought elsewhere. If they are willing to install a clutch kit someone bought elsewhere & only charge two hours labor, I would surely get that quote in writing beforehand.

Regardless of where I had a clutch installed, I would want to talk to the actual mechanic that's doing the job. A brief conversation would give a person a sense of he's done the job before & knows the ease or difficulty of the job.

I am not worried about finding a clutch today or 20 years now. This 1.2L engine with a 5-speed manual option hasn't changed much since the current Mirage was introduced.

Rockauto has them back in stock.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...t=1993&jsn=347

The site Fummins shared has 79 in stock.

https://www.carid.com/rhinopac/oe-pl...n-05-025.html?
    singleid=3661736804&url=91706186#applications

Even the one I would most likely buy from Auto Zone has them back in stock today.

https://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/clutch-set

As far as the "Cummins" is not a "Cummings" discussion goes, I think most folks in my area say Cummings. I never felt the need to correct them. I mess up things like that all the time myself.
    Last edited by Mark; 01-18-2022 at 06:30 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-18-2022),klroger (01-18-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    After 62 posts since New Years, I wonder if this guy has any intention to buy a clutch or is he just janking our chains???. He's had a lot of suggestions given to him but has ignored or passed them off. Heck, he doesen't even have anything in his Garage... Does he even have a Mirage???
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-18-2022),inuvik (01-18-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    As far as the "Cummins" is not a "Cummings" discussion goes, I think most folks in my area say Cummings. I never felt the need to correct them. I mess up things like that all the time myself.
    Originally, in my Cummings post, I was just bustin' his chops, for fun. It's been a long time since I heard it with the G.

I will say though, my best friend on this earth, his last name is Jacob. He and I worked for the same automotive employer. A person's last name is said occasionally out loud for whatever reason(s). About 50% of the people comprehended what they read when they read his name and would get it right. Of the other 50%, 95% of those would get it right the 2nd time, after being corrected. But there was always this 5% (or so, I just speculate a % of course) that no matter how many times you tell them, they still say, "Hey is ------- Jacobs around?" The rest of us started answering with, "who?" Even though they knew darn well we knew who they were talking about.

Now, we weren't mad at them. We were just ribbing them. But it was UNCANNY how they could ALWAYS get it wrong, wrong, then wrong again. Same friggin people, over and over. After years of working with them, it got to be annoying to hear Jacobs. After 22 years of hearing Cummings, it does get somewhat annoying. Especially when someone claims to have looked at the word for 5 years. Whatever, I ain't mad ... just have free time to type and I type fairly fast! Know what I mean Marc?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-18-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Originally, in my Cummings post, I was just bustin' his chops, for fun. It's been a long time since I heard it with the G.

I will say though, my best friend on this earth, his last name is Jacob. He and I worked for the same automotive employer. A person's last name is said occasionally out loud for whatever reason(s). About 50% of the people comprehended what they read when they read his name and would get it right. Of the other 50%, 95% of those would get it right the 2nd time, after being corrected. But there was always this 5% (or so, I just speculate a % of course) that no matter how many times you tell them, they still say, "Hey is ------- Jacobs around?" The rest of us started answering with, "who?" Even though they knew darn well we knew who they were talking about.

Now, we weren't mad at them. We were just ribbing them. But it was UNCANNY how they could ALWAYS get it wrong, wrong, then wrong again. Same friggin people, over and over. After years of working with them, it got to be annoying to hear Jacobs. After 22 years of hearing Cummings, it does get somewhat annoying. Especially when someone claims to have looked at the word for 5 years. Whatever, I ain't mad ... just have free time to type and I type fairly fast! Know what I mean Marc?
    My worst grade in high school was typing class. Half the typewriters were manuals & the other half were electric. We would switch every quarter. I think that I topped out @ 28 words/minute. Times have changed!

There is no such engine.
    This is one of the funniest threads I've seen in a while. It's not the spelling mistake that's funny it's the reaction that I find hilarious.
    It was so a damn cummings....gosh dang it all!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fummins View Post
    it was so a damn cummings....gosh dang it all!
    Nope!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Nope!
    Then how do you explain this:

Attachment 22731

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Basic (01-19-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Attachment 22731
    Quotes from another forum trying to explaining it -

"I blame poor parenting."

"Public schooling"

"I thinking DC just forgot to add it so everyone else does."

"Wishful thinking perhaps? Freudian slip?"

"they're the same people who use "your" when "you're" should be used..."

"And why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway??? sheesh"

"kummins" - Guvment school gaduates that were not left behind....

"I can't believe this thread actually got to two pages..."

response to last post - "It got to two pages because there are still people who think some utility poles have "guide" wires, and that strip between the lanes is a "medium.""

I like Douglas4. His response was a hoot, but I am only laughing with him & not at him on this topic!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-19-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Garsh! Even Cummings doesn't know their own name!