Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NEW Clutch finally !

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Why would someone not notice it is Cummins after 5 years of looking at it ... ?? That is a heckuva a good question. I don't know. But to be fair, I don't think a person is dumb for not distinguishing it. It's some kind of quirk.

Along the line of why I can't remember a person's name 15 seconds after they tell me. But if they give me their phone number, I'll remember it for years. Just the other day, The Warden was sitting next to me and I was trying to remember the Wix oil filter part number. And I as I was typing in a google search I mumbled, "was it 57356?" And typed it in and yes, that was the number. Numbers just stick in my brain. Names do not. Maybe the Cummings quirk is something of that nature. Dunno.

I ain't got me no problem with Douglas, he's probably got a lot more smarts than I do. I hope he sticks around and tolerates me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just spoke to AMS in Fenton, MO. They have the components to put the 05-025 kit together. The company I work for has an account with them. The price to you would be roughly the same as the RockAuto price. My cost is about $250 USD after tax. It would ship from 63033 if you want to figure an approx. shipping cost. I would have to figure out the payment method as I refused to give paypal my SSN and they basically froze the account. I believe my wife has one in good standing, however.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
    Hi all I have only posted once on this forum and this is my 3rd time posting.

It finally came back in stock (well not now since I bought it), the Rock Auto clutch kit for my car. (AMS AUTOMOTIVE 05025 OE PLUS). It was $277.00 US ($394.00 CAD including shipping). I have been waiting for sometime for this. The Mitsubishi dealer (1 1/2hrs east of me) wanted $592 not including taxes. I saved approximately $275 buying it state side. The dealer says about (2) hours to install ($250 before taxes). I just did the brakes all around and now the clutch (to be installed when its needed). I have a 2015 Mirage MT ES. I can't say enough about this car. It doesn't break. It just keeps going and going. I bought it February 2020 with 60,512km's on it. This will be the first major work done to it. I can't wait to buy another one someday as long as they make them. Of course it will have to be a manual not CVT.
    Douglas4 - this thread sort of got off track. Sorry about that!

Did you ever get your clutch kit?

I see rockauto.com has been keeping them in stock now. Auto Zone also has their Duralast clutch kit back in stock, which is probably the one I would buy if I needed one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Douglas4 - this thread sort of got off track. Sorry about that!

Did you ever get your clutch kit?

I see rockauto.com has been keeping them in stock now. Auto Zone also has their Duralast clutch kit back in stock, which is probably the one I would buy if I needed one.
    Southeast Sells Clutch kits for it that are actually available. otherwise they are very hard to source. Excedy is oem clutch and generally has about an 8-16week wait for clutch kits. The Exedy is a better clutch if you can afford to wait

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DirtGearTv For This Useful Post:

Basic (02-28-2022),Cobrajet (02-28-2022)