Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Silver ES

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Do you receive them with Apple Auto?
    I did receive a couple of text messages today while I was using Maps in Apple CarPlay.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks 7milesout. So far so good on the wheel covers. I don't mind steel wheels, at least I won't need to worry about someone stealing them. Your wheel covers are being scratched in a car wash? Wow, which did you get? Care to post a picture when you have a chance?

Saving money was a big reason why I sold my previous vehicle and purchased this one. In normal times, I would have kept the old car and muddled through the current financial landscape but with used car values rising, it was an opportunity for me to reset and start again with a lower-cost vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Little Magician - Congratulations. I agree that the picture of your car is good. And, the original wheel covers are now sort of growing on me. Yes, I think they're a touch ugly, however, they do represent "original," and "new." Which appeals to me.

I put some cheapie aftermarket wheel covers on mine that I actually think look quite good. However, the cheapie wheel covers are getting eat up. I believe it is happening in the car wash ... I don't hit curbs (it's against my laws, rules, regulations and policies).

In any event, don't sweat the price you paid. It is a relevant scale these days. Meaning, even though it is more expensive to buy a new (or used) Mirage these days, other cars are more expensive too. And in the long run, you're still money-ahead with the Mirage. I'm assuming you got a CVT.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Little Magician - Congratulations. I agree that the picture of your car is good. And, the original wheel covers are now sort of growing on me. Yes, I think they're a touch ugly, however, they do represent "original," and "new." Which appeals to me.

I put some cheapie aftermarket wheel covers on mine that I actually think look quite good. However, the cheapie wheel covers are getting eat up. I believe it is happening in the car wash ... I don't hit curbs (it's against my laws, rules, regulations and policies).

In any event, don't sweat the price you paid. It is a relevant scale these days. Meaning, even though it is more expensive to buy a new (or used) Mirage these days, other cars are more expensive too. And in the long run, you're still money-ahead with the Mirage. I'm assuming you got a CVT.
    I'm thinking about taking mine off, spray painting the wheels black, and getting chrome lugnuts.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    I'm thinking about taking mine off, spray painting the wheels black, and getting chrome lugnuts.
    Me too!

I don't remember why I made this picture and then cropped everything out. But it would have been better if my picture wasn't so cloudy.

Name:  Mirage And Wheels.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  45.4 KB
    Last edited by 7milesout; 01-04-2022 at 11:44 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You can cut out the picture and glue a popsicle stick to the back of it. In the old days, Saturn did a promotion where they had an SUV-on-a-stick and you could hold it at arm's length and imagine what it would be like to have it parked in your street. It was a primitive augmented reality before smartphones. Name:  Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 3.26.47 PM.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  23.4 KB

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Me too!

I don't remember why I made this picture and then cropped everything out. But it would have been better if my picture wasn't so cloudy.

Name:  Mirage And Wheels.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  45.4 KB
    What size chrome nuts do we use? Also I need a professional to paint my wheels. The last time I did it on my 2014, it looked like sh$t. Any recommendations?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    That BlueBerry popsicle looks so cute!

If you notice, the Blueberry was converted to 5-spoke.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Little Magician (01-10-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

The Mirage embodies minimalism

After two weeks I haven't tired of my car. I'm still in the honeymoon phase. I look forward to driving it, even for my Monday morning commute to work. I kind of miss daytime running lights and auto-headlights but they're not deal breakers. I know there's a general viewpoint that it's better to have a used other-model car than a new Mirage, but I would still choose the Mirage. Despite having paid more than what others paid a year ago, I'm content with my choice. I'm lucky that this topsy-turvy market allowed me to reset my car choice by getting a good price on my previous car.

A part of me is interested in minimalism and I get a kick by doing the most I can with the least necessary. Maybe that's why I like the Mirage. 78 hp and a small cargo area is ok with me. It's doing everything I need my car to do.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Magician For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-10-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Magician View Post
    After two weeks I haven't tired of my car. I'm still in the honeymoon phase. I look forward to driving it, even for my Monday morning commute to work. I kind of miss daytime running lights and auto-headlights but they're not deal breakers. I know there's a general viewpoint that it's better to have a used other-model car than a new Mirage, but I would still choose the Mirage. Despite having paid more than what others paid a year ago, I'm content with my choice. I'm lucky that this topsy-turvy market allowed me to reset my car choice by getting a good price on my previous car.

A part of me is interested in minimalism and I get a kick by doing the most I can with the least necessary. Maybe that's why I like the Mirage. 78 hp and a small cargo area is ok with me. It's doing everything I need my car to do.
    Total cargo volume room is second only to the Honda Fit. The Mirage has more room than most hatchbacks a class size above it IIRC.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    I've thought of doing that. If I could find a center hub cap (not an entire wheel cover) to cover the front axle bolt, I probably would have done it years ago.