Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ECU re-flashing?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It is yes, again im still hunting for the video, its all in a different language so ittl be a while b4 i can find it

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneMirage View Post
    Wondering if anyone has found software that can re-flash a 2020 mirage 5 speed manual.
    Was looking to have this thing make a bit more power. But cannot for the life of me. Find any software.

I was checking out ECUflash. As i was told you can tune mirages with that. But upon download, after checking the ecu option for the mirage, well… its not in the software.

Can Anyone please help? :/

Contact HT Tuning through Facebook and tell em Akiro Rosaroo sent ya, would ya? :P They'll get you tuned.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    Don't forget these lil engines have MIVEC magic! And high compression, 10:5. With a 93 tune that has lots of timing, intake, exhaust maybe headers? All those parts are super cheap and accessible out there. 7k is also realistic but I would change the valve springs I kinda have to agree with ya. Anyways, 105hp is also realistic. These engines are hyper tuned to be super economical obviously neutered at 74hp considering a 660cc Kei car engine makes 8 less lol. Bigger throttle, cam, spring, retainers, now 7500rpm and 120hp is riiiiight there...

Btw there's a few turbo Mirage already too making 200hp on stock internals and they haven't thrown their guts yet. Only dead clutches. :P I can't wait to get mine back!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I doubt that with the extremely wimpy valve springs. Loren over revved his on a bad shift autocrossing and had a bad day.
    yes, interference engines don't like it when the valvetrain is revved into territory where it floats. What I want to know is where the valvetrain breaks, 8000, 8500, 7250 rpm? It could even be north of 10,000 rpm. This is basically a motorcycle engine mounted in a car. One of the mightiest cars ever, the Porsche 917 would run all day to 8600 rpm, and grenade the valvetrain @8800 rpm. Every time. You simply could not miss a shift in that car. I think it was gunther richter who said this. That car won Lemans.

A long ways back, maybe when I joined I speculated these engines could likely produce 300 hp with a turbo. 400+ hp is reachable if the whole engine is redone, valvetrain, cross bolted mains, stainless o ring head gaskets, hi output oil pump, dry sump, 4 ring pistons with 2 compression rings, etc

eta: I present to you the 500 hp capable block and bottom end. I would still do more stuff, like peen the rods, balance the assembly, see above. a 175+ mph Mirage is out there, being built as I write this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k835XZjw0eM
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 03-08-2023 at 11:58 PM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-08-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    yes, interference engines don't like it when the valvetrain is revved into territory where it floats. What I want to know is where the valvetrain breaks, 8000, 8500, 7250 rpm? It could even be north of 10,000 rpm. This is basically a motorcycle engine mounted in a car. One of the mightiest cars ever, the Porsche 917 would run all day to 8600 rpm, and grenade the valvetrain @8800 rpm. Every time. You simply could not miss a shift in that car. I think it was gunther richter who said this. That car won Lemans.

A long ways back, maybe when I joined I speculated these engines could likely produce 300 hp with a turbo. 400+ hp is reachable if the whole engine is redone, valvetrain, cross bolted mains, stainless o ring head gaskets, hi output oil pump, dry sump, 4 ring pistons with 2 compression rings, etc

eta: I present to you the 500 hp capable block and bottom end. I would still do more stuff, like peen the rods, balance the assembly, see above. a 175+ mph Mirage is out there, being built as I write this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k835XZjw0eM
    In order for the suspension and chassis to support 175 mph, the end result is really only going to be Mirage-ish. The body may be OEM, but not much else.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneMirage View Post
    Wondering if anyone has found software that can re-flash a 2020 mirage 5 speed manual.
    I'd still like to see an answer to T1M's original question. Not a response like, "go see suchnsuchbaddarse racing, they'll hook you up with 500+ hp with a 2 minute "tune" and high octane gas."

As I remember, been a while, it takes some kind of hardware / device that gains entry to the ECU, and it takes (a separate) software that has developed an interface that makes it comprehendable and possible to read, understand, and make changes to the programming in the ECU. From what I remember, at least in these forums, if there are non-custom items to accomplish said, I don't recall having ever seen it published (here).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    In order for the suspension and chassis to support 175 mph, the end result is really only going to be Mirage-ish. The body may be OEM, but not much else.
    Another site was planning to drop the Eagle AWD system into a Mirage, with 500 hp that power needs to be distributed, I myself would try a Tempo AWD system as the additional drive system is only 70 lb. A good roll cage is mandatory and racing buckets with 6 point harness. This guy also had a crude 2 stage turbo (turbo into 2 nd turbo) and it dyno'd around 130 hp.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)