Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ECU re-flashing?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

ECU re-flashing?

Wondering if anyone has found software that can re-flash a 2020 mirage 5 speed manual.
    Was looking to have this thing make a bit more power. But cannot for the life of me. Find any software.

I was checking out ECUflash. As i was told you can tune mirages with that. But upon download, after checking the ecu option for the mirage, well… its not in the software.

Can Anyone please help? :/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    I've got the same Mirage as you. I've asked very similar questions as you. I'm in the same spot with the same result as you. I did hear of one guy who got into his ecu with some software then bricked it. A few hours later of messing with it he got it working again. I want to say this guy had a lot of experience with ecu software. If he bricked it, I'm sure I would too. However, I'd probably never get it working again.

So until I hear of a robust way to do it, I'm going to enjoy the car as-is. I don't want to mess with it for hp. I want to mess with it for mpg. Because ... let's say you tune it for hp as good as it can get. And you get another 10% power (which even that is not likely). What do you gain? 7 or 8 additional hp? It would not feel much stronger and you'd still get crushed by Fit! So, at least in my mind, it's not worth the risk and expense to chase hp in a Mirage. I'm fine with the car just how it is, including a nice long warranty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Theres a dude in thailand… hes getting these things up to 105 hp with just a tune. Figure id take what i can get 😁

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneMirage View Post
    105 hp with just a tune...
    UNpossible, I says.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The dyno said otherwise lol. I thought it was bullsh*t too XD

Ill see if i can link you to it. They rev these things out to like 7 plus grand and the engine just takes it bone stock

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Ill see if i can link you to it. They rev these things out to like 7 plus grand and the engine just takes it bone stock
    I ain't tryna be callin' noone a liar though, so don't read that I'm being negative. I'm not. I'm down with some engine tuning and optimizing. And yeah, revving it past 6,500 rpm with good tuning ... ok, I could fathom the possibility. I was thinking keeping to the stock 6,500 rpm limit. I say "limit" but I don't actually know where the rev limiter kicks in. Stock the torque starts dropping off from 4,300 rpm. And the hp starts dropping at 6,000 rpm. Tuning might be able to improve that, but air flow improvements would help more proportionately, than just tuning alone.

On a stock engine and tune, based on "area under the (torque) curve," the gearing dictates shifting lower than 6,500 rpm except from 1st to 2nd gear. Right at 6,500 rpm shifting from 1st to 2nd insures the most area under the curve (which is how maximum acceleration is achieved). So that's why I consider 6,500 rpm the limit. I can't even recall what rpm the tachometer indicates is redline. My estimates for max acceleration rpms are as below:

1st to 2nd: 6,507
    2nd to 3rd: 6,202
    3rd to 4th: 6,197
    4th to 5th: 6,383

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts

I doubt that with the extremely wimpy valve springs. Loren over revved his on a bad shift autocrossing and had a bad day.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Theres a dude in thailand… hes getting these things up to 105 hp with just a tune. Figure id take what i can get ��
    Maybe their horses are much smaller in Thailand?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Maybe their horses are much smaller in Thailand?
    Well, a pony keg is smaller than a full sized keg. Maybe the same thing applies to powerrrrrrr.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Theres a dude in thailand… hes getting these things up to 105 hp with just a tune. Figure id take what i can get ��
    Sounds like you answered your own question. If he can do it, talk to him & see if he will share his secrets... Oh, & let us know how it's done Please

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)