Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ECU re-flashing?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Its not by much mind you, when i say 7 plus i do mean a hair over.

Im working my hardest to find these people again as its not my company…. I came across their website before. Its all in a different language though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    LMAO

Nah, that really is what i thought at first, but after doing some digging, it turns out that yeah. They are doing it.

Engine itsself is stock, but from what it sounded like in the dyno video it had an exhaust and intake system. As i know those engines dont scream like that from the factory,

As i told others, im working my hardest to find these people. Cause they are doing some pretty cool things with these engines.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ive tried before, huge language barrier. Was never able to get an answer. I know he uses ECU flash… but thats the extent of my knowledge other than what hes getting outta these things.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Middle man

Id have to look into the exact rpm setting homeslice used… but im working my hardest to dig and find answers, cause he is on to something very special

Mind you if i cant re-find this dude, well, doesnt really matter as im just going with a speeduino, (going with one either way down the road, youll see why as you read. But i wanna play with the factory ECU, see what can be done)

I bought the mirage for a couple reasons.
    One. Cheap ASF, where else could i drive a 2020 off the showroom floor, for 11.5 grand with 2 miles on the dash?

Two. Its a manual!! I wanted a stick,but also wanted a new car. Left me between things like the Nissan versa, Toyota corolla hatchback or the yaris..

Three. I know these things weren't built to make any power, like… at all. BUT i saw the platform, thought “how much can i REALLY crank out of a 3 banger?” And, well.. that was that!

Im currently Working on 100000 things at once here in terms of R&D and prototyping to have this engine lay down some decent numbers on an n/a setup, ive gotten pretty d*mn far as she sits. On track to hopefully get atleast 110 to start with
    Gonna start with intake, exhaust and a tune.
    Working on making an ITB setup with stacks right now, then once that goes through ill swing it around to the bottom end and figure out what i can do in terms of oil delivery. Make sure it stays lubricated very very well. Along with seeing what i can do for cooling.

Also gonna Lighten the flywheel, put in stiffer springs, run a port n’ polish, shave the head, equalize the displacement in the combustion chambers…

Literally EVERYTHING to make the most n/a power.

Then once i get bored, toss some rods n pistons in it. Do a couple other things to help handle the boost, then. Well…. Boost the sh!t outta it! See what this engine is really good for. Turn it up till a rod or bearing goes bye bye. These engines are cheap, you can buy em for pennies on the dollar anyways. I mean do i want to cook an engine? No. But i want to see what it can take and learn the limits of it.

Again it aint a sports car, i know.
    I mean hell, If it was meant to go fast, it wouldnt be shaped like a brick.
    BUT, i have the know how, and the time… so, why not do something different?

Anyone can and has done chevy LS, RB, VG, VQ, B,K,F series engines… but noones really done 3A engine stuff… so…. Yeah! Imma just Kill some time and just tool around with this platform. See what shes got in her.

Edit: im not worried if you say im lying or not. Im just the middle man. Relaying it as it was presented. Just the eh. Messenger of sorts over here.
    He might be, he might not be. But from the video i saw, the engine was bone-a-roni stock and it layed down 94… Now, assuming 11 percent drivetrain loss. It was estimated to be about a buck 5 at the crank.
    Last edited by ThatOneMirage; 01-06-2022 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Clarification of position.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Someone brought a keg? CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Well, a pony keg is smaller than a full sized keg. Maybe the same thing applies to powerrrrrrr.
    I was thinking ... maybe the 105 hp was 105 hampster-power... Maybe they change the power "scale" in some Asian countries, you know, like they change from miles to killermeters.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-06-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I was thinking ... maybe the 105 hp was 105 hampster-power... Maybe they change the power "scale" in some Asian countries, you know, like they change from miles to killermeters.

Lol. That would be simpler no?
    But nah, good ol’ “american” horsepower.
    I found the video off a pull, give me a min to link it here.

Edit: https://youtu.be/ld_WsUB3CK4

10 second 0-60 (0-100 kmh in the case of the video)

Shaved off a hair over 2 seconds from the factory 0-60.
    the vehicle in this video has an exhaust system along with the tune.
    Last edited by ThatOneMirage; 01-06-2022 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Video link

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneMirage View Post
    Lol. That would be simpler no?
    But nah, good ol’ “american” horsepower.
    I found the video off a pull, give me a min to link it here.

Edit: https://youtu.be/ld_WsUB3CK4

10 second 0-60 (0-100 kmh in the case of the video)

Shaved off a hair over 2 seconds from the factory 0-60.
    the vehicle in this video has an exhaust system along with the tune.
    Not be a Debbie Downer but that's just a video of some guy driving the crap out his Mirage. No dyno data.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I'm assuming that's the guy that did the 105 dyno pull. It sort of seems like he never lifts off the throttle but has some kind of rev limiter to keep it from revving to the stratosphere when shifting. Although I'm betting our cars have rev limiters but I can't find it in me to rev the piss out of it to find out. I'd be willing to rev the piss out of someone else's car ... hey Dirk, how bout I come check out your new car?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-06-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Not be a Debbie Downer but that's just a video of some guy driving the crap out his Mirage. No dyno data.

Well.. duh lol. I know what i dyno looks like.. i own one XD

im still hunting for that dyno video. Its all in a different language so its hard to find.