Thread: Weird hose behind glovebox?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Weird hose behind glovebox?

what does the brownish clear hose in the right of this photo located behind the glovebox do?

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 9.18.11 AM.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  88.3 KB

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    That's the cleaning fluid hose, going to the spray nozzle of the rear lid.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-09-2022),mohammad (01-09-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My old Ford wagon's rear wiper had its own washer jug in the trunk area.

Mohammad, have you noticed any difference with your cabin's air quality, now having a cabin filter in there?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post

Mohammad, have you noticed any difference with your cabin's air quality, now having a cabin filter in there?
    with the heat maxed out I used to get a slight burning smell of like dust burning, i no longer get that. This was a big thing for me because without A/C I drive around in the rain with Max heat and its like a sauna all to prevent the windows from fogging.

Unfortunately the filter i bought is the cheap kind so other odors such as vehicle exhaust from other vehicles i still smell. Ive had a filter in for a few months now it is definitely doing something as it did darken from what appears to be dust and it did catch like 2 leaves.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-10-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    with the heat maxed out I used to get a slight burning smell of like dust burning, i no longer get that. This was a big thing for me because without A/C I drive around in the rain with Max heat and its like a sauna all to prevent the windows from fogging.

Unfortunately the filter i bought is the cheap kind so other odors such as vehicle exhaust from other vehicles i still smell. Ive had a filter in for a few months now it is definitely doing something as it did darken from what appears to be dust and it did catch like 2 leaves.
    This might sound silly, but try cleaning your windshield with windex, like you would do for a bathroom mirror or house window.

I did this to the interior of my Mirage's windshield, and there was a TON of gunk I just kinda got accustomed to looking through. What a difference! I don't think I'm getting that fog up as much now.

Remember how I mentioned that ITEKT product for repelling rain like Rain-x? ITEKT is now one of the official Accessories for new 2022 Mirages lol. Mitsu is also selling weathertech products, alongside touch-up paint pens, bug deflectors and ITEKT kits.

Try one of the cabin filters they sell at NAPA auto parts, not sure the brand since I threw out the box, but made in Europe somewhere and the quality is good. I just think the fan runs weird sometimes now. By weird I mean a bit more noisily.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This might sound silly, but try cleaning your windshield with windex, like you would do for a bathroom mirror or house window.

I did this to the interior of my Mirage's windshield, and there was a TON of gunk I just kinda got accustomed to looking through. What a difference! I don't think I'm getting that fog up as much now.

Remember how I mentioned that ITEKT product for repelling rain like Rain-x? ITEKT is now one of the official Accessories for new 2022 Mirages lol. Mitsu is also selling weathertech products, alongside touch-up paint pens, bug deflectors and ITEKT kits.

Try one of the cabin filters they sell at NAPA auto parts, not sure the brand since I threw out the box, but made in Europe somewhere and the quality is good. I just think the fan runs weird sometimes now. By weird I mean a bit more noisily.
    Thanks for the advice, i got Rain-x interior and exterior sprays but im too lazy to use them applying a coating on your windows every few weeks for the 1 day every month or 2 i drive in the rain isnt worth it to me. Ive got a youtube video where i show you how to clean the blower motor, it helped a little bit with the noise as dust and leaves kinda made the fan spin off balance and shake.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I worry some of those products leaving a glare at night. Maybe they have improved the recipe over the years.

My windshield has a lot of tiny scratches, probably from my ice scrapers, and at least one good scratch from a stone. Depends on the light but then the scratches really show. My Mirage is parked outside all the time.

How's your driver's seat holding up? I got a tear in mine bum area and my jeans got caught in the fabric the other day.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    this might sound silly, but try cleaning your windshield with windex, like you would do for a bathroom mirror or house window.
    Legit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-10-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post

Oh, oh, oh, I get your meaning now. When you said in another post you have the Poverty edition, that means you have no A/C. I had to read the above post a 2nd time to figure it out. Your situation does present a challenge. I had a vehicle in the past that I had to drive and the A/C was not working. To the best of my memory, besides having a clean windshield (on the inside) probably helped the most, cracking down the windows to get some additional "fresh" airflow in the car helped somewhat too.

With an A/C, the recommended settings are A/C on, and FRESH mode. So I figured (without the A/C) that cracking open the windows (and tolerating some rain intrusion) was best to help with circulating fresh air. Of course I had my factory hvac on FRESH as well even when the A/C wasn't working. I still had foggy windows, but any other setting would make it worse.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)