Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Tire Review: Fortune Perfectus FSR602 175/65R14 $46

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    5,222
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 1,753 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    My dealership experience with Mitsubishi has not been good. Other than them doing that warranty work that you all found for me on the forum, with the starter and the flywheel, that was good.

    But I ordered brakes once and had an appt to get them installed on a Saturday. When I got there on that Saturday, they told me they put the brakes on another customer's car instead. Can I come back Monday?

    Well I politely demanded a free rental until the job was done and got one. They even swapped the cars in my driveway.

    All dealerships just want to sell you the car that day and then forget about you. And then call suckers back a year later saying they can sell their trade in at a "good price" for a new car. Then repeat.

    I think they make a lot of money servicing cars, but perhaps doing stuff sooner than it needs to be done to make more money.

    Anyways we all need cars and we all need houses, and there are more scoundrels in those two big industries than almost any other.
    Not all dealerships are the same. I know of some Toyota & Honda dealerships that have been selling car almost as long as those brands have been in my state. Their reputation is quite good. Overall, my experience with the Subaru dealership has been quite positive, and I didn't buy my used Forester from them.

    Unlike my Dad, I try to use dealerships a little as possible. I also don't live near them. My Dad is sort of the opposite. He likes buying GM, because multiple GM dealerships are near him. He likes having his vehicles serviced at the dealership, & he has found one or two that treat him great.

    Most of the Mitsubishi dealerships are just add on dealerships (large chains of dealerships owned by one family). For example, Bergstrom Automotive is a large dealership in the Fox Valley area (between Green Bay & Milwaukee). It would take some head scratching to come up with what brands they don't carry?

    Bergstrom Automotive, headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, is one of the top 50 automotive retailers in the U.S. and is owned by John and Richard Bergstrom. The company employs over 1,400 teammates and is focused on delivering outstanding guest service. The Bergstrom organization sells and services the following franchises: Acura, Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, FIAT, Ford, GMC, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, INFINITI, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, LINCOLN, Land Rover, Lexus, Maserati, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Porsche, Ram, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo in 30 facilities located throughout the state of Wisconsin.

    The opposite of this is a dealership like White Bear. White Bear was a stand alone Saturn dealership, that needed a fresh start when Saturn was dropped by GM. I've been to White Bear once since buying my Mirage from them, & they are wedge between a Chrysler & Honda dealership. I think White Bear has worked hard to earn their customers & keep them.



  2. #12
    Senior Member fc321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    727
    Thanked 229 Times in 146 Posts
    Hey guys read the original post again I updated with much more info. What I nightmare I had to go thru:

    1) Guy installs the tires inside out
    2) I go back and they begrudgingly put them on the right way but 2 tires did not get balanced
    3) I go back a 3rd time and guy makes excuses and its too busy come back later
    4) I go to new shop and they balance them but charge me a whopping $40
    5) I gotta go back second time to that shop because they used impact gun and overtorqued the bolts so much that I was unable to remove them with a 4 way-lug wrench.

    Read original thread for the full details but that is the summary. 5 freaking trips! And then I found another place (real professionals) that say they would have done it proper for only $18 per tire mounting/balancing with a high tech machine. Thats really the error I made is that I went to Luisito Tire which is really a fix-flat and sell used tires sort of shop. Really the mistake was me to go to that low-class place to try to save $10 bucks............Im such a cheapskate that I frequently make that mistake and end up paying double.

    The lowest price is not always the best deal, instead you gotta look at the best overall value. A combination of price, dependability, durability, professionalism and people that are honest and will treat you right. That is the best overall value, not the cheapest price

    Some day I will get that lesson thru my thick skull. Speaking of which I probably am not gonna recommend this brand of tires to you guys because although they have an impressive 65,000 mile warranty and they are rated 540 A and temperature A

    I dont even see how I would go about getting a warranty claim on them because their website does not list the "dealer network" and also they have same policy that you have to "prove" that you rotated them every 5000 miles and I dont know how I will prove that because I rotate them at home myself with jack-stands and 4 way lug wrench (Yes I am a caveman) so as far as getting them pro-rated warranty in case they should wear out tread at lets say 30k miles I dont think I will be able to.

    And i could have bought GT radial for about same price (maybe $3 more per tire) or even now I recently saw someone say Falken Sinceras are $55 each which is only $10 more per tire than these and that is a well known brand. So most likely I did not make a smart decision with these Ching-Chong-Wong brand and as usual Im such a cheapskate trying to chop pennies and end up overall making not the smartest choices due to an excessive focus on price, price, price rather than zooming out and looking at the long term aggregate.
    Last edited by fc321; 01-12-2022 at 08:34 PM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual (no bluetooth) nickname: "Agile Grey Rat"

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

    inuvik (01-12-2022)

  4. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    5,222
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 1,753 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Hey guys read the original post again I updated with much more info. What I nightmare I had to go thru:

    1) Guy installs the tires inside out
    2) I go back and they begrudgingly put them on the right way but 2 tires did not get balanced
    3) I go back a 3rd time and guy makes excuses and its too busy come back later
    4) I go to new shop and they balance them but charge me a whopping $40
    5) I gotta go back second time to that shop because they used impact gun and overtorqued the bolts so much that I was unable to remove them with a 4 way-lug wrench.

    Read original thread for the full details but that is the summary. 5 freaking trips! And then I found another place (real professionals) that say they would have done it proper for only $18 per tire mounting/balancing with a high tech machine. Thats really the error I made is that I went to Luisito Tire which is really a fix-flat and sell used tires sort of shop. Really the mistake was me to go to that low-class place to try to save $10 bucks............Im such a cheapskate that I frequently make that mistake and end up paying double.

    The lowest price is not always the best deal, instead you gotta look at the best overall value. A combination of price, dependability, durability, professionalism and people that are honest and will treat you right. That is the best overall value, not the cheapest price

    Some day I will get that lesson thru my thick skull
    The original $240 (includes tires mounted/balanced/installed) quote + tax deal doesn't look so bad now? I am not trying to throw salt into your wound, but I thought that quote was quite good given today's tire prices.

    Most of us have been there. You try to save a buck, & it costs more in the end.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

    fc321 (01-12-2022)

  6. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    5,222
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 1,753 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post

    And i could have bought GT radial for about same price (maybe $3 more per tire) or even now I recently saw someone say Falken Sinceras are $55 each which is only $10 more per tire than these and that is a well known brand. So most likely I did not make a smart decision with these Ching-Chong-Wong brand and as usual Im such a cheapskate trying to chop pennies and end up overall making not the smartest choices due to an excessive focus on price, price, price rather than zooming out and looking at the long term aggregate.
    165/65r14 Falken Sincera SN250A A/S tires dropped to $55/tire @ Walmart, but they are nothing special (340BB with no warranty). The 175/65r14 Falken Sincera SN250 A/S tires with the 80,000 mile warranty are still $82/tire.

    I don't see anyone offering anything superior to what you bought for under $50/tire. I see no need to second guess your tire purchase. I want to hear how you like the tires minus the installation headache some day.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

    fc321 (01-12-2022)

  8. #15
    Senior Member Fummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Shed
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    6,186
    Thanks
    2,614
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,048 Posts
    Just out of curiosity, why were you trying to loosen the nuts on your just installed wheels?
    And why would you try using a 4 way wrench. Those things suck especially the cheap useless little short ones.
    I'd toss it in the garbage and buy a breaker bar and a socket. Or even just use the factory tire iron and step on it. You'll get more leverage from either or those two over struggling with 4 way lug wrench.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

    fc321 (01-12-2022)

  10. #16
    Senior Member fc321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    727
    Thanked 229 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why were you trying to loosen the nuts on your just installed wheels?
    And why would you try using a 4 way wrench. Those things suck especially the cheap useless little short ones.
    I'd toss it in the garbage and buy a breaker bar and a socket. Or even just use the factory tire iron and step on it. You'll get more leverage from either or those two over struggling with 4 way lug wrench.
    Its because I saw the guy over-torque them and I am glad I did take them back off today................ or otherwise I may find myself on the side of the road one day trying to put the spare tire on and find that I cant get the lug-nuts loose. I have a breaker bar also here and not even with that could I get the lug nuts loose when I checked it first thing in the morning. So techinician severely over-torqued them............. probably > 100 ft lbs on a 72 ft pound spec. I should have said something during the day of install but I dont own an impact wrench and dont know much about them. But i heard that thing keep clicking and then clicking again and once more for good measure. I remember that part......

    Long story short I dont like anyone to do work on my car unless its something I cant do myself. I also dont like valet parkers driving my car either. Thats just how I am, nobody loves my car as much as I do and nobody loves my dog as much as I do.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual (no bluetooth) nickname: "Agile Grey Rat"

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)


  11. #17
    Senior Member Fummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Shed
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    6,186
    Thanks
    2,614
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,048 Posts
    Gotcha. Glad you finally got it sorted out.

    I've had a few studs break on a car or two. I blame the combination of 1 too many ugga dugga's and running open-end nuts without hub caps. I now usually torque them to 90lbs using a torque stick(looks like a socket extension but magically stops turning when the torque written on the stick is met) with the impact and don't haven't had problems since.


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

    fc321 (01-13-2022)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •