Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Android Auto, a complete mess

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dirk, just use the bluetooth to stream the audio. You don't HAVE to use the Android Auto crap. Also, get a good phone charger that plugs into the 12 volt outlet. Then you'll be golden.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-12-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Anyone have any good recommendations for a sturdy phone mount? I'm right handed but I steer with my left. I use a "Hug Buddy" and it's just ok. It holds the phone well but waves around on sharp turns.

Suction mounts haven't worked for me at all. I had a CD player mount that slid in but it too didn't hold up well.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Anyone have any good recommendations for a sturdy phone mount? I'm right handed but I steer with my left. I use a "Hug Buddy" and it's just ok. It holds the phone well but waves around on sharp turns.

Suction mounts haven't worked for me at all. I had a CD player mount that slid in but it too didn't hold up well.
    Ive been using quad lock case with phone stand for awhile now without issue, they even make an optional integrated wireless phone charger.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-12-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Ive been using quad lock case with phone stand for awhile now without issue, they even make an optional integrated wireless phone charger.
    Will you post a link please, of what you recommend?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FGVNMPW This one works good for me but I had to glue the suction cup down with JB Weld so it has permenently stained the top of dashboard now. Basically I cant ever take it off or it will leave an unsightly mess. I did the same thing with my old car, used permanent adhesive cement such as JB Weld to glue down the suction cup to the plastic dashboard of the car. Its the only way or else it will keep popping off, the phone is too heavy

Im disappointed to hear your unhappy comments about the fancy-shmancy touchscreen headunit. I was always jelous of people with those and having a built in GPS and so forth. In my car I installed a Pioneer branded touchscreen unit and it was like $350 I think but I figuered a brand name deck such as Pioneer, ALpine, Kenwood, JVC was the way to go because these companies have been in the game for over 20 years and they have a reputation to protect, cant be putting out garbage and risk the negative amazon reviews.

I also assumed I would be getting yearly firmware updates but actually Pioneer released only a single update and that was it. My unit does not have built in navigation map, it only has bare-bones functions such as bluetooth streamed music from the phone, or plug in a usb stick with mp3s on it and also it has back-up camera that only kicks on when the car is in reverse. ANd also I can make and recieve phone calls with external microphone that it crystal clear. So basically the things that it DOES do it does well. But its a far cry from the fancy stuff like yours that shows the album cover of the album you are using and lets you see and respond text messages on the screen.

In fact mine doesnt even let me hang up the phone with the button on the touchscreen I have to actually push it on my phone's screen. But the sound quality itself is very good because Pioneer does make good radios, thats what they are good at.

I have a small Alpine amplifier also under the passenger seat but no subwoofer. The bass is good enough, I dont really listen to much rap and hip-hop I am a metal head and also latin music like salsa/merengue and some techno once in a blue moon
    Last edited by fc321; 01-12-2022 at 08:17 PM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FGVNMPW This one works good for me but I had to glue the suction cup down with JB Weld so it has permenently stained the top of dashboard now. Basically I cant ever take it off or it will leave an unsightly mess. I did the same thing with my old car, used permanent adhesive cement such as JB Weld to glue down the suction cup to the plastic dashboard of the car. Its the only way or else it will keep popping off, the phone is too heavy

Im disappointed to hear your unhappy comments about the fancy-shmancy touchscreen headunit. I was always jelous of people with those and having a built in GPS and so forth. In my car I installed a Pioneer branded touchscreen unit and it was like $350 I think but I figuered a brand name deck such as Pioneer, ALpine, Kenwood, JVC was the way to go because these companies have been in the game for over 20 years and they have a reputation to protect, cant be putting out garbage and risk the negative amazon reviews.

I also assumed I would be getting yearly firmware updates but actually Pioneer released only a single update and that was it. My unit does not have built in navigation map, it only has bare-bones functions such as bluetooth streamed music from the phone, or plug in a usb stick with mp3s on it and also it has back-up camera that only kicks on when the car is in reverse. ANd also I can make and recieve phone calls with external microphone that it crystal clear. So basically the things that it DOES do it does well. But its a far cry from the fancy stuff like yours that shows the album cover of the album you are using and lets you see and respond text messages on the screen.

In fact mine doesnt even let me hang up the phone with the button on the touchscreen I have to actually push it on my phone's screen. But the sound quality itself is very good because Pioneer does make good radios, thats what they are good at.

I have a small Alpine amplifier also under the passenger seat but no subwoofer. The bass is good enough, I dont really listen to much rap and hip-hop I am a metal head and also latin music like salsa/merengue and some techno once in a blue moon
    After researching multiple sites, I can't get my messaging to work still! Lol. I can send but can't receive. I like your set up, Pioneer has a great reputation.

I am really happy with the 7" touchscreen. I hope it was made by Mitsubishi Electric. It's just the Android Auto app isn't mirroring my phone well. GPS works, sometimes with voice assist, sometimes without, but it's accurate and the screen resolution is fine. Spotify works well too but no YouTube Music unless you pay for a membership.

My current set up.Name:  20220112_165046.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  93.0 KBName:  20220112_165046.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  93.0 KB

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-12-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Will you post a link please, of what you recommend?
    https://www.quadlockcase.com/collect...iphone-devices

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-13-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    That looks very much like my previous mount. Thank u for that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Ran across this article today Dirk. Looks like the issue with Android Auto is wide spread across every manufacturer.

https://www.t3.com/us/news/experienc...oure-not-alone

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)