Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Android Auto, a complete mess

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Ran across this article today Dirk. Looks like the issue with Android Auto is wide spread across every manufacturer.

https://www.t3.com/us/news/experienc...oure-not-alone
    Good read. Yeah, I'm pretty much not even using Android Auto anymore unless I need GPS. On the bright side, my radio picks up HD signals so my radio is very crisp, more so than in my 2014.

By the way, I saw another green Mirage in the grocery store parking lot. I just stared at it for a full minute. If I could plop my new engine and cvt into my old green's shell, I'd do it in a heartbeat. The infrared is growing on me, as well as the front fascia, but nothing beats the 2014-2015 shell in my opinion.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does apple carplay has that same issue too like Android auto? Curious to know the user experience.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your car. Apple Car Play is working fine for me. I'm able to use Siri commands such as "Call XYZ at home". My USB port also doesn't have any give, that sounds like something which should be repaired under warranty.

I read somewhere that notifications has to be turned on for text messages to show up in Android Auto. Could you double-check the settings on your phone to see if that's the case? I found these steps that are specific to Samsung Messages:

[FAQ] Android Auto doesn't show new message notifications from Samsung Messages
    Hi everyone,

Some of you have reported that notifications don't show for new texts on Samsung Messages. Thanks for the feedback. Please follow the instructions below to restore your Android Auto notifications for Samsung Messages.

Find the icon for Samsung Messages, either on your phone home screen or the apps list
    Hold a finger on the Samsung Messages icon until options become visible
    Click on “App info”
    Select “Notifications”
    Click on “In-app notification settings”
    Tap the switch to turn on "Preview new messages”

I once trouble shot an issue where a person's iPad wouldn't show their on-screen keyboard. It turns out she had her bluetooth keyboard nearby so the iPad would think the person wanted to type on the bluetooth keyboard and wouldn't show the onscreen keyboard until she turned the keyboard off or disconnected its bluetooth. Could something similar be happening with Android Auto?

I hate to say this, but you know how I wrote about how I changed my mind about my car and was able to sell it for what I paid for it and got the Mirage? If these things aren't able to be resolved and you're that unhappy with the car, this is the time to do what I did and recoup your money before the market rights itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    For any lurkers on here excited because the new Mirage comes standard with Android Auto/Apple Car Play, don't be. Well at least don't be until the app has had some major work. My list of complaints:

1. Siri can't understand half of what you say because of the road noise. If you're at a light it can still be an issue too!

2. Android Auto wrecks havoc on newer phones with 5G. My keyboard is constantly not appearing now on my phone screen since I started using the app.

3. USB port north of the shifter is flimsy as hell. My car is brand new and I can already feel a lot of play when I pull my cord out and bear in my mind, I do this gently. I no longer have the glove box back up USB port either. Say what you will about its location in the glovebox, the one in my old Mirage was rock solid.

4. If you have to drive with your seat all the way back like I do (I'm 6ft), you have to practically do a sit-up just to barely touch it.

I've pretty much given up on it and miss my old Mitsubishi Electric radio in my 2014 with the AUX port. I'm back to clipping on a vent phone mount on and charging thru my 12V adapter. I basically have a useless touchscreen now.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Magician View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your car. Apple Car Play is working fine for me. I'm able to use Siri commands such as "Call XYZ at home". My USB port also doesn't have any give, that sounds like something which should be repaired under warranty.

I read somewhere that notifications has to be turned on for text messages to show up in Android Auto. Could you double-check the settings on your phone to see if that's the case? I found these steps that are specific to Samsung Messages:

[FAQ] Android Auto doesn't show new message notifications from Samsung Messages
    Hi everyone,

Some of you have reported that notifications don't show for new texts on Samsung Messages. Thanks for the feedback. Please follow the instructions below to restore your Android Auto notifications for Samsung Messages.

Find the icon for Samsung Messages, either on your phone home screen or the apps list
    Hold a finger on the Samsung Messages icon until options become visible
    Click on “App info”
    Select “Notifications”
    Click on “In-app notification settings”
    Tap the switch to turn on "Preview new messages”

I once trouble shot an issue where a person's iPad wouldn't show their on-screen keyboard. It turns out she had her bluetooth keyboard nearby so the iPad would think the person wanted to type on the bluetooth keyboard and wouldn't show the onscreen keyboard until she turned the keyboard off or disconnected its bluetooth. Could something similar be happening with Android Auto?

I hate to say this, but you know how I wrote about how I changed my mind about my car and was able to sell it for what I paid for it and got the Mirage? If these things aren't able to be resolved and you're that unhappy with the car, this is the time to do what I did and recoup your money before the market rights itself.
    Thanks for the advice. Fantastic write up btw. Unfortunately I tried this and it still doesn't work. I'm not too upset though, I'm still thrilled with owning my 1st brand new car.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Little Magician (01-14-2022)