Thread: Long term ES (base trim, manual trans) test - Driving.ca

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here's the written wrap-up:

https://driving.ca/reviews/road-test...ishi-mirage-es

He liked it...

I didn’t expect to like the Mitsubishi Mirage. In fact, I expected to dislike it quite thoroughly. I thought it would be too tiny and too tinny for me to like driving it day after day. ... the little Mitsubishi ended up working its way into my heart.
    FUN (???) city car...

the Mirage is a joy to flick around inner-city traffic. Despite turning just 78 horsepower, it feels nimble and agile. It’s no Cayman of course, but the the visibility and small dimensions give great confidence when changing lanes or parking. In town, driving the Mirage is just plain fun.
    High speed (120 km/h = 70 mph) fuel economy isn't great...

Cars with more power don’t have to work as hard to do the same, so for highway jaunts, some larger and more powerful cars with lower rated fuel economies may actually surpass the Mirage.
    He saw 6.1 L/100 km in the winter at 120 km/h = 39 mpg US.

Wrap-up:

I came to love the little Mirage in my driveway. In a world where every car seems to be pretending to be something else, the Mirage is refreshingly honest. It does what it says on the box. It’s simple, straightforward transportation without trying to sell you on the idea that it’s something else like the Nissan Kicks does. Basic motoring is truly rare these days, and I honestly find a lot of appeal in a car that lets you drive it so free from distractions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (05-10-2022),dspace9 (05-10-2022),Mark (05-10-2022),Top_Fuel (05-10-2022)