Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Pickering Ontario

Belated welcome, and greetings from the east end of the province!

My first car was a $90 1957 Volkswagen beetle. Along with owning that car, came the concept of ‘the people’s car’: a basic, unpretentious, reliable car for ordinary folk. That’s stuck with me. Since the 1970’s, smaller hatchbacks have been my preferred vehicles.
    Not an uncommon story here - plenty of members here with a history of uncomplicated, efficient cars who are glad Mitsubishi carries on the tradition (more or less).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisb View Post
    So far average fuel consumption on the Mirage has been 48.8 mpg (Imperial)/ 40.6 mpg (US) /5.8 LHK -- about 13% better than what I averaged with the Sonic.
    Don't forget you're comparing (I assume) less than half a year of mileage in the Mirage vs. a longer average for the Sonic. Since you're a Scangauge afficinado, I'm sure you know the cold weather has a significant negative impact on MPG, so the Mirage's average will rise once you round out a full year of ownership with more warm weather kilometers factored in.

So those red accents on the wheels are your own handiwork? They look great!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Chrisb (01-25-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I think those wheels are the nicest I've ever seen on this forum OP. Cheers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Chrisb (01-25-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I think those wheels are the nicest I've ever seen on this forum OP. Cheers.
    Thanks! They are just the standard Mitsubishi 2019 LE alloy wheels with red marine-grade pinstriping applied. Took each wheel to the backyard picnic table, thoroughly cleaned, and then applied. Hope they last because it took a while.