Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beep meaning?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Beep meaning?

When i turn the ignition on, my car goes “beepbeep....beepbeep”

Two back to back short beeps, a TINY delay, then two more back to back beeps.

Theres the snowflake symbol on my car, im guessing its to do with that?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneMirage View Post
    When i turn the ignition on, my car goes “beepbeep....beepbeep”

Two back to back short beeps, a TINY delay, then two more back to back beeps.

Theres the snowflake symbol on my car, im guessing its to do with that?
    Is it near freezing where you are? Sounds like the “icy road” warning beeps. My Outlander Sport displays a message also. I’m not sure what the Mirage’s display, my 2015 Mirage doesn’t have this feature.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,025 Posts
    It is related to the snowflake. I guess the beeping is to get your attention that the snowflake is displayed. Now the meaning of the snowflake is that you could go sliding wildly out of control at any time, including the instant your car begins to move ... even like an inch. So hold on for dear life!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    It is related to the snowflake. I guess the beeping is to get your attention that the snowflake is displayed. Now the meaning of the snowflake is that you could go sliding wildly out of control at any time, including the instant your car begins to move ... even like an inch. So hold on for dear life!
    Sometimes on my way home from work I get stuck behind people that I'm convinced have never seen ice on a road before. It's like they're afraid the ice is gonna break and they'll fall in or something? Driving at a snails pace on a perfectly straight road with no stop signs or lights for miles. Then I see someone going even slower in the oncoming lane with an even longer line up of frustrated drivers stuck behind them lol. They're usually driving newer land rovers or mercedes suv's...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Sometimes on my way home from work I get stuck behind people that I'm convinced have never seen ice on a road before. It's like they're afraid the ice is gonna break and they'll fall in or something? Driving at a snails pace on a perfectly straight road with no stop signs or lights for miles. Then I see someone going even slower in the oncoming lane with an even longer line up of frustrated drivers stuck behind them lol. They're usually driving newer land rovers or mercedes suv's...
    This past Sunday, some snow came down here. It was weird. It wasn't until about 11 am that the snow came down. It stuck to the grass and back porch. It melted on the roads. And by about 4 pm it was completely gone.

However, early in the morning, it was just lightly raining. I left my neighborhood during this light rain, before the snow (I was in the mood for a hot biksit). When exiting my neighborhood there was a car going about 20 - 25 mph with a long trail of cars following. It was obvious the lead car was being cautious that the rain on the pavement was about to instantly turn into ice 2 inches thick. It was about 36 or 37°F.

I went to the grocery store on Monday to get cat food, and decided to get a gallon of milk. There was only a few gallons left. I joked with the cashier about the "blizzard" we had the day before and the cashier said the milk had been totally empty, that they had just gotten a truck in, that I was one of the lucky ones. I didn't check the bread isle. People down here are insane. They honestly believe that their going to get snowed in for weeks. The most we've ever been "snowed in" down here was a couple days. It's annoying to live around the types that feel like they have to horde all they can get at the drop of a snowflake.

I overheard an idiot I used to work with on the phone with his wife when we were first told to not come into the office due to Covid (early April 2020). He said, "stop and get a bunch of toilet paper. ... I don't know, just get as much as you can." That's when the country-wide toilet paper shortage first happened, from annoying people like this guy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-19-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    This past Sunday, some snow came down here. It was weird. It wasn't until about 11 am that the snow came down. It stuck to the grass and back porch. It melted on the roads. And by about 4 pm it was completely gone.

However, early in the morning, it was just lightly raining. I left my neighborhood during this light rain, before the snow (I was in the mood for a hot biksit). When exiting my neighborhood there was a car going about 20 - 25 mph with a long trail of cars following. It was obvious the lead car was being cautious that the rain on the pavement was about to instantly turn into ice 2 inches thick. It was about 36 or 37°F.

I went to the grocery store on Monday to get cat food, and decided to get a gallon of milk. There was only a few gallons left. I joked with the cashier about the "blizzard" we had the day before and the cashier said the milk had been totally empty, that they had just gotten a truck in, that I was one of the lucky ones. I didn't check the bread isle. People down here are insane. They honestly believe that their going to get snowed in for weeks. The most we've ever been "snowed in" down here was a couple days. It's annoying to live around the types that feel like they have to horde all they can get at the drop of a snowflake.

I overheard an idiot I used to work with on the phone with his wife when we were first told to not come into the office due to Covid (early April 2020). He said, "stop and get a bunch of toilet paper. ... I don't know, just get as much as you can." That's when the country-wide toilet paper shortage first happened, from annoying people like this guy.
    I second this, people in Atlanta have no idea what a real blizzard looks like unless they're from somewhere else. We don't treat our roads either, which keeps them in decent shape and prevents our cars from getting rusty. I just worked from home during our big "blizzard" catching up on paperwork, which was dumb because the roads were fine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello ThatOneMirage,

The beep beep is meant to get your attention to the snowflake that appears on your dashboard. The reason it is lighting up is because your car is detecting that the outside temperature is close to freezing (32 degrees) and the purpose of the alarm is notify you that the temps can causing icing on the road. It was freaking me out the first time I heard it because I thought there was something wrong. I had to look this up in the instruction manual to figure out what was happening. I also thought that it was an alarm that said my air conditioner wasn't working. In fact, it might be 'disabled' to protect the air conditioner compressor - not sure, but I am guessing Mitsubishi probably thought of that (Mitsubishi seems to think of "everything").

Anywho, that is what the alarm is saying on your dashboard. Hope this helps. I get that alert alot since I am in Minnesota.

-David (PearlyG4_MN)

If you're out of tp let me know I have a storage unit full of it for some reason.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    If you're out of tp let me know I have a storage unit full of it for some reason.
    You would think some are set for life with TP, & there would be a surplus of it now.

I can honestly say, I have never seen shelves so bare at times for some items. I suspect trucking is a part of the issue.

I tend to shop in a city/town of 5,000 people most of the time, and Walmart is the only grocery store in town. Some items are surely lacking at times. It's the only city of over 400 people in the county. So options are limited.

While some are frustrated when they can't find a Mirage clutch kit, I'm pissed when I can't find my favorite crackers!

What is this thread about?

Oh yeah, my Forester does some type of warning flash when it drops below 37F. I just figures most Subaru owners aren't as bright as Mirage owners, because I don't really need a silly warning light to tell me it's darn cold outside.

Features like those just annoy me! Automatic headlights, auto high/low beams, automatic wipers, automatic braking, etc... - have we really reached the point where we are to lazy to flick a switch or lever in our cars?

I seriously think it's sort of nuts, but I know those who love those features.

Speaking of loving features - Where has Eggman been lately?

It's not as enjoyable making fun of all this stuff without him around!!!!!

Maybe I could bring up Scotty Kilmer & that would make him appear? In all seriousness, I hope all is well with him!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Features like those just annoy me! Automatic headlights, auto high/low beams, automatic wipers, automatic braking, etc... - have we really reached the point where we are to lazy to flick a switch or lever in our cars?
    I agree. Driving is a big responsibility ... not nap time. If a person can't see that it is dark outside and raining and realize they should turn on their headlights and wipers, they have no business driving. Rain sensors on cars should be only for rolling up windows if it starts raining on a parked car with its windows down. Those self driving Tata cars represent nap time, the ultimate in laziness, part of why I don't care for them.