Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 barely used steel wheels, OEM for sale!!!!!!!! Free OEM wheel covers with purchase.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    They are what I would call an "Acorn" nut. May not be the right name, tho... Check if the nuts you have ( let's not go there ) to see if they have a threaded hole all the way thru them. The nuts in your pic cover the end of the stud... as the steel wheel nuts may let the stud thread protrude thru the nut... Kinda know what I mean???
    Thanks man! Anyone know the size of the alloy lug nuts? I might have to get some extra at Napa.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I think all Mitsubishi vehicles have a lug nut size of 12mm x 1.5

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I think all Mitsubishi vehicles have a lug nut size of 12mm x 1.5
    Why are buying lug nuts?

If you're buying the rims, make sure you get the factory lug nuts with them. They sort of go together.

If you buy a set of new aftermarket rims from Tire Rack or most other places, all the necessary hardware is included. Ever rim set I looked at states -

The following wheel-specific hardware will be included with your order at no additional charge.
    (4) Required centering ring
    (1) Lug adapter
    (16) Required lugnut for vehicle

I wouldn't leave without the factory lug nuts even if I didn't want them. Some aftermarket lug nuts look like crap after a year or two. I'd rather have the factory ones.

If your current Mirage tire wrench doesn't fit those factory lug nuts, I would tell him you want the tire wrench from his car, too. I don't think that will be necessary, however.

Does the Mirage tire wrench fit the lug nuts on your G4 with alloy wheels? If not, pick up the wrench you need at the junk yard for that car, too!
    Last edited by Mark; 01-26-2022 at 05:29 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-26-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Why are buying lug nuts?

If you're buying the rims, make sure you get the factory lug nuts with them. They sort of go together.

If you buy a set of new aftermarket rims from Tire Rack or most other places, all the necessary hardware is included. Ever rim set I looked at states -

The following wheel-specific hardware will be included with your order at no additional charge.
    (4) Required centering ring
    (1) Lug adapter
    (16) Required lugnut for vehicle

I wouldn't leave without the factory lug nuts even if I didn't want them. Some aftermarket lug nuts look like crap after a year or two. I'd rather have the factory ones.

If your current Mirage tire wrench doesn't fit those factory lug nuts, I would tell him you want the tire wrench from his car, too. I don't think that will be necessary, however.

Does the Mirage tire wrench fit the lug nuts on your G4 with alloy wheels? If not, pick up the wrench you need at the junk yard for that car, too!
    The G4 alloys are Vision Cross not OEM Mitsu and they come with their own adapter. I'm going to test it out with my own tire wrench before I buy. Of course all of this is predicated on the Mirage even being there lol.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Update: just got the call I'm picking them up in an hour! Thank God their inventory was up to date unlike the last place!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    The G4 alloys are Vision Cross not OEM Mitsu and they come with their own adapter. I'm going to test it out with my own tire wrench before I buy. Of course all of this is predicated on the Mirage even being there lol.
    Since I have two of your Vision Cross boxes still stored at my house, I know what's on your G4!

I just brought all this up, because I prefer the factory lug nuts that come with alloy wheels. I would want the factory lug nuts if I were purchasing the factory alloy wheels. I wouldn't like the look of shiny new chrome or black lug nuts as much.

Also most rims come with lug nuts. It helps eliminate someone using the wrong type.

Sounds like you are on your way to get them. I hope that works out great for you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Name:  20220126_132231.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  94.8 KB

Well I cleaned them up as best I could. The rear alloys looked good. The fronts looked terrible. I think Mitsu uses really cheap OEM pads because the brake dust corrosion was terrible. I took a wire brush, WD-40, Dawn, nothing could get that junk off completely. I'm taking them in soon. I'll post pics.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (01-26-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    The rear alloys looked good. The fronts looked terrible.
    That's just from the previous loser who owned them. If you never rotate your tires or properly maintain (wash) your wheels, the front wheels are eventually going to look like crap as the brake dust slowly becomes part of the wheel finish over time.

Those look good to me for $40/each. You'll have that thing pimpin in no time. You have some decent acorn lugnuts ready to go? Don't tell me you're going to rock your existing open-ended lugnuts with your new wheels.

What's the pink bottle in the upper left-hand corner of that photo? Is that some sort of special wheel polish?
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 01-26-2022 at 07:49 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That's just from the previous loser who owned them. If you never rotate your tires or properly maintain (wash) your wheels, the front wheels are eventually going to look like crap as the brake dust slowly becomes part of the wheel finish over time.

Those look good to me for $40/each. You'll have that thing pimpin in no time. You have some decent acorn lugnuts ready to go? Don't tell me your going to rock your existing open-ended lugnuts with your new wheels.

What's the pink bottle in the upper left-hand corner of that photo? Is that some sort of special wheel polish?
    It's Pepto Bismul lol. I had to clean them on my kitchen counter and yes I'm using the OEM acorn lug nuts I got from the junkyard.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (01-26-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I scrubbed my ass off but still couldn't quite get the dust off Top Fuel.