Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 4 barely used steel wheels, OEM for sale!!!!!!!! Free OEM wheel covers with purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I noticed they didn't match the dot up with the stem when they put my tires on.
    You go prancing back and start swinging your purse around until they fix it. Or just not worry about it. It's no big deal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-26-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You go prancing back and start swinging your purse around until they fix it. Or just not worry about it. It's no big deal.
    Hahaha ha I'm going throw a massive hissy fit and then write in my diary about it.

Really? Now I don't feel so dumb for having a feelings Journal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    The alloys felt good. I had, what I felt like, better acceleration from a stop, but it all could just be in my head. I'll report if mpg is a little better. Does anyone know if OEM alloys weigh less than OEM steelies?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Really? Now I don't feel so dumb for having a feelings Journal.
    When I get upset I smear lipstick all over my face while looking in the mirror - all Buffalo Bill from "Silence of the Lambs" style......Name:  OIP.jpeg-2.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  27.0 KB

The alloys felt good. I had, what I felt like, better acceleration from a stop, but it all could just be in my head. I'll report if mpg is a little better. Does anyone know if OEM alloys weigh less than OEM steelies?
    I weighed a steel and aluminum back to back one year and they were basically the same weight if I recall.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Attachment 22772

The end result. I'm going to guess I'm the only 2021 Mirage owner with 2015 alloys on in North America. I saved about $250 going this route, even if I'm not thrilled with 2 out of the 4 alloys. I'll live lol.
    I think they look really good Dirk! I think some aftermarket rims look too flashy. I like the Mirage alloys wheels from the various years & trim levels.

I think the dot lining up with the valve stem is a non-issue. Especially if they made the dot on the tire before removing the tires from your factory rims. Shops do that when they are removing tires & putting them back on the same rims. That way they may not have to re-balance the wheel.

In your case, you were putting your factory tires & sensors on different alloy rims. The wheels would need to be balanced regardless of where the dot is. As long as they are mounted, balanced, and installed on your wheels correctly, that's all that really matters. You can fret about something else!

Did your 13/16" tire wrench fit the alloy lug nuts? Many of the aftermarket lug nuts listed for a Mirage are 3/4". Not a big deal either way. Just requires the right size socket opening.

I think your new Mirage looks sharp! Hope you enjoy the new wheels!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think they look really good Dirk! I think some aftermarket rims look too flashy. I like the Mirage alloys wheels from the various years & trim levels.

I think the dot lining up with the valve stem is a non-issue. Especially if they made the dot on the tire before removing the tires from your factory rims. Shops do that when they are removing tires & putting them back on the same rims. That way they may not have to re-balance the wheel.

In your case, you were putting your factory tires & sensors on different alloy rims. The wheels would need to be balanced regardless of where the dot is. As long as they are mounted, balanced, and installed on your wheels correctly, that's all that really matters. You can fret about something else!

Did your 13/16" tire wrench fit the alloy lug nuts? Many of the aftermarket lug nuts listed for a Mirage are 3/4". Not a big deal either way. Just requires the right size socket opening.

I think your new Mirage looks sharp! Hope you enjoy the new wheels!
    Thank you Mark! Yes my lug wrench from my 2021 spare tire kit fit the acorn lug nuts perfectly.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I weighed a steel and aluminum back to back one year and they were basically the same weight if I recall.
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Oh well, at least now I have 6 OEM steelies and 8 OEM wheel covers to sell on eBay.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Oh well, at least now I have 6 OEM steelies and 8 OEM wheel covers to sell on eBay.
    We had this discussion before, but I wish a full size wheel would fit in the spare tire space in the rear. Having 8 wheels for my Mirage, storing one there would not be a problem. It would make me feel better during longer trips, too!