Thread: 2022 Grill Block: Few Opportunities?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2022 Grill Block: Few Opportunities?

Looking at the grill block on the 2022. The front is less smooth, but on the manual it seems well blocked. Might not have the opportunities I imagined. The current opening is a little more than the mail slot and lower of earlier models. What is the best bang, lower or upper grill. Obviously I need to monitor temps to see how far I can take it. Red markup is already blocked.

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Upper is the better place to start aerodynamically speaking. Lower is usually easier to do since its just one big opening and less visual.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks, I think the grill open area is similar to 2015, but it is made to look like more with the grill styling. 2015 is smoother.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Although i havent tested this id imagine an upper grill block may also increase intake air temperature every so slightly.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos