Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirage SE Halogen headlamps to Mirage GT Xenon headlamp swap

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    It looks like there is a jumper wire connecting terminal 6 to terminal 8 on the Sumitomo 8 pin, female connector. Is that right?
    No, thats a notch on socket body to identify which is top or bottom.

It also looks like the two connectors on the HID kit (#1), get cut off and replaced with the Sumitomo 8 pin, female connectors and the two connectors (#2) get cut off and replaced with the Sumitomo 2 pin
    #1 & #2 are for low & hi beam, cut the wires and each (+) goes into 8 pins connector. Leave the (-) of hi beam.
    The 2 pins connector goes into 8 pins (pin #2 & #7) and connect to original small lamp socket.

I see that (#4) on the HID kit goes to the factory harness. Where does that connect? Does it connect only to one of the original wire connectors that went to the original headlight (driver's side) and the other original wire connector (passenger side) does not get anything connected to it?
    It connect to driver side original H4 connector, leave the passenger side unplug.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

MirageSEFan (01-29-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks again! That really clears thing up and makes me much more confident in doing this swap. I greatly appreciate all of the detailed information you provided. Thank you very much!

Please update when you're finished & how you like it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    hey a bunch of us on here opened our halogen housing and installed xenon projectors from a trusted source. Would love to see what the GT's night time cut off and power looks like. We could compare..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Great info. Any idea on converting a 2021 Halogen to a 2021 LED from an SE mirage?