Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Decided to put a deposit for the new Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    how does having your kinds commute on their own save you $700?
    Childcare expense.

Last edited by Fummins; 02-01-2022 at 06:08 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, well, well. I got an email stating the mirage has arrived. Should I prioritize on the OTD price first?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Well, well, well. I got an email stating the mirage has arrived. Should I prioritize on the OTD price first?
    You lost me on this discussion along the way. Did you make a down payment already?

If you don't know the OTD price of the car, you don't really know what it will cost you. Right?

I'd rather make the dealership work to get me there. Otherwise, we are both just wasting our time & energy.

I would not expect a great deal on a 2022 Mirage, but I also wouldn't expect a great deal on any new vehicle these days. I don't envy anyone buying a vehicle these days. Good luck!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You lost me on this discussion along the way. Did you make a down payment already?

If you don't know the OTD price of the car, you don't really know what it will cost you. Right?

I'd rather make the dealership work to get me there. Otherwise, we are both just wasting our time & energy.

I would not expect a great deal on a 2022 Mirage, but I also wouldn't expect a great deal on any new vehicle these days. I don't envy anyone buying a vehicle these days. Good luck!
    No downpayment yet. I didn't sign anything.

The car is ready for new owner. I was told to let them know when I'm ready to do the paperwork. I'll just do so via email. I saw the car and it was exactly as I expected. No added on accessories, and stuff.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle88 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No downpayment yet. I didn't sign anything.

The car is ready for new owner. I was told to let them know when I'm ready to do the paperwork. I'll just do so via email. I saw the car and it was exactly as I expected. No added on accessories, and stuff.
    I would observe what White Bear does once they get their 13 ES manuals in stock. I wouldn't expect much of a discount shown on vehicles they don't even have in stock yet. They may be trickling in now. Give it some time.

These are very different times. After the 2017 Mirage update, the 2018 models appeared on dealer lots in October of 2017. That's happening 4-5 months later now. Inventory is not what it was either.

WB is a good place to get a pulse on the Mirage market. Not saying anyone has to buy from them.

WB is a good place to get a pulse on the Mirage market.
    Attachment 22836

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (02-04-2022),inuvik (02-02-2022),Mark (02-02-2022),Top_Fuel (02-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would observe what White Bear does once they get their 13 ES manuals in stock. I wouldn't expect much of a discount shown on vehicles they don't even have in stock yet. They may be trickling in now. Give it some time.

These are very different times. After the 2017 Mirage update, the 2018 models appeared on dealer lots in October of 2017. That's happening 4-5 months later now. Inventory is not what it was either.

WB is a good place to get a pulse on the Mirage market. Not saying anyone has to buy from them.
    Oh wow. WB has 2 with photos. 1 HB and 1 G4. Both with a stick. I wonder if anything less than the sticker price, ie 15k plus extra for example, in current time is a decent deal? I'm convinced that I'll never get the better deal than Mark's lol. I'm just saying but I'll check with them. Thanks Mark!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't believe they went ahead a drilled the front plate holder...

Deal killer for me.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I can't believe they went ahead a drilled the front plate holder...

Deal killer for me.
    How come it a deal breaker for you? I'm just curious as I thought it is required by law to have the official license plate on the front of the vehicle, no?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How come it a deal breaker for you? I'm just curious as I thought it is required by law to have the official license plate on the front of the vehicle, no?
    I'm glad they drilled the holes for me. I wouldn't mount my front plate any other way, because it looks silly elsewhere. Some states like Michigan don't issue front plates, however.