Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Decided to put a deposit for the new Mirage.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Don't ever ever let them charge for N2 in the tires...Unless you're racing, you don't need it. The Salesmen that I dealt with tried to upsell the N2 & when I told him "It's a Mirage & the air we breathe is 78% N2, where is the advantage??".. He looked like he saw a Ghost.. Don't fall for the N2 upsell...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-26-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Now I want a new car! I found a new phev outlander for $40k(plus whatever else they tack on) in town. Awd would be nice to have again but an 84 month car payment wouldn't be so nice. But....Once my kids start going to and from school on their own I'll have an extra $700/month to throw away.
    how does having your kinds commute on their own save you $700?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Man, as a second car, I would be hard pressed to pay over MSRP for a Mirage. Don't get me wrong, I love them, and in a case like Dirk's where he had to have the car I can make an exception, but for a second car? No way. I have seen at least 3 different dealers in the middle of the country where they are selling new Mirages at sticker or ~$500 under.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    The only other unknown in your situation could be timing. If you agree to leave a deposit, is it non-refundable if circumstances beyond the dealer's control cause a massive delay in the car being delivered. What if the car doesn't show up until June...will you still want it?!?

The other question for me would be how much is a reasonable deposit on a $15K car that doesn't have a ton of demand? Maybe $250? If the dealer wants $1,000 deposit but has no clue when it's coming in, then I'm walking on that deal.
    $250 and it’s refundable. I’m not walking away from the deal…yet. It gotta be right and it seems to be…for now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Man, as a second car, I would be hard pressed to pay over MSRP for a Mirage. Don't get me wrong, I love them, and in a case like Dirk's where he had to have the car I can make an exception, but for a second car? No way. I have seen at least 3 different dealers in the middle of the country where they are selling new Mirages at sticker or ~$500 under.
    Yes, Dirk Nowitzki’s situation was an exception 😄.

I’m going to assume that the MT option can be discounted given the market value and actual demand. I just gotta negotiate that with the dealer.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Yes, Dirk Nowitzki’s situation was an exception ��.

I’m going to assume that the MT option can be discounted given the market value and actual demand. I just gotta negotiate that with the dealer.
    It's Dirk Diggler, with a D.

Name:  OIP.jpeg-1.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  14.8 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    It's Dirk Diggler, with a D.

Name:  OIP.jpeg-1.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  14.8 KB
    Got it :P

9. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle88 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-26-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

You should. The MT is the secret weapon... such a different car with the Manual.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

IÂ’m going to assume that the MT option can be discounted given the market value and actual demand. I just gotta negotiate that with the dealer.
    From what you have already shared, you may have already shown your cards before placing the bet. The market is flooded with CVT models most of time (maybe not at the moment). I wouldn't assume you are going to cut some great deal on a manual. If the dealer already knows you are willing to make a down payment on a new car without knowing the OTD price first, you most likely already lost the hand.

I will say this again. If you don't know the OTD price of the vehicle, you basically know next to nothing. A car in Florida may be listed $3,000 cheaper in than one in Minnesota, but the OTD price of the Florida may be thousands of dollars more than the Minnesota price. Advertised prices mean nothing. OTD prices mean everything!

We are not talking about Mirages that have been sitting on dealership lots for months here. No one is running a reduce their inventory sale these days, because inventory is beyond low already.

2022 ES manual is $15,925 (MSRP + Welcome package + Tonneau cover +Destination/Handling Fee). That's the cheapest build of a Mirage you can do on the Mitsubishi website. Current Mirage prices (new & used) would not attract me as a car buyer.

You are making assumptions! I call that getting screwed! Don't make assumptions!
    Last edited by Mark; 01-26-2022 at 05:39 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Any input, opinion, and such is greatly welcome
    I'd get a paint stick from the dealer. Not very expensive.

Good thing to get on day 1, because sometimes they discontinue certain colours, I know a 2022 grey Mirage is a different grey than mine. So something to think about cheers

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-26-2022)