Thread: Missfire, all warning lights on, no power steering.

Missfire, all warning lights on, no power steering.

I've got a 2015 Mirage here with the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. At idle car has a constant missfire, running only on 2 cylinders. Shift indicator comes and goes, tach works on and off, power steering doesn't work. I was barely able to limp it into the shop. I'll post a video of the dash later.

Last week the drive mentioned that the brake warning light came on a few times for them. I believe that's the the first warning sign that complete chaos is on the way!

Does anyone have any guesses what's gonna be wrong?

I'm just scanning it now just for sharts. And there's 15 trouble codes stored between the ecu, trans confuser,abs, airbag and cluster modules.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

craigq (01-26-2022),Dirk Diggler (01-27-2022)

Okay it was the kick panel connector. I don't know how this car made it though almost 9 winters without a problem there yet. Car has 316k kms.

I removed the connector from the junction block and plugged it back together and all the lights on the dash went out and car runs fine. But the brake light would flicker if I wiggled the connector. On this car rather than cut out or replace the connector I'm gonna try to just clean all the corrosion, gob some grease in there and relocate the connector up higher.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

craigq (01-26-2022),daleWV (01-26-2022),Mark (01-26-2022),Top_Fuel (01-26-2022)

Attachment 22767 I thought I had it all fixed but the airbag light is still on. Keeps throwing a b1419(lh front impact sensor I think). I can't clear it until it's fixed.

I'll just cut out the stupid connector, solder the wires and see what happens.
    I didn't notice the light on when I tried it out right before putting it back together..
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-26-2022 at 05:58 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

ThunderG (01-27-2022)

Fixed. Finally. Bypassed the connector and all is good. Oddly enough I did NOT have to clear the airbag light with the scanner, it went off on it's own. Thought that was weird because I even had the impact sensor unplugged with the key on at one point. If you unplug the seat airbag it doesn't reset itself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

precisionxt (01-26-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Man, that's down right spooky! I'm glad you were able to salvage a 2015 in your fleet. I still think Mitsubishi needs to do a commercial with you in it, talking about the reliability of your fleet in harsh Canadian winters.

I'll try to post some more pics later. Lack of decent floor mats is gonna be the death of our cars. I suggested weathertech floor mats years ago. I'll bring it up again in a couple years when they turn into flintstone cars.

Me thinks some replacements are in the distant future to replace all the smashed up ones. Had another one get rear ended the other day. Looks good from far, back bumper is cracked up. But you can see daylight around the hatch opening near the latch when looking from the inside out. I'm curious to see if it's written off. It's only got 311k kms. But who's counting...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    LMAO that's the best YouTube user name ever

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)