Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from The Netherlands!

Country
    Spain
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    I've looked it up. As of 2015 they offer two years warranty with unlimited distance. The remaining three years, there's a max limit of 100.000 kilometres (which I believe translates to 62137 miles?)

I should have noted that I don't drive much, I guess about slightly more than a tenth of that maximum kilometres a year, so for me it'll normally be the full 5 years for sure.
    En Espaņa son 5 aņos o 100.000 kms.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Wow. I've never heard of an automatic only license. Over here in Alberta(canadastan) you can drive pretty much anything that doesn't have airbrakes and isn't a taxi, ambulance or bus with a regular drivers license. I assume the rest of north america is similar to here.
    It is uncommon, but I know more people. I'm not proud of it, but not ashamed either. I drive cars because it's practical, not because I'm a huge fan of driving.

Automatic transmission cars are relatively expensive here (which sucks, as cars themselves are expensive in general anyway, thanks to special Dutch taxes) and only now they are getting more and more popular. Not so strange with all the traffic jams in the country. Even some die-hard "I'll never drive an automatic" are now silently switching, not in the least place because of cars like Tesla, of course.
    Last edited by vintzend; 01-28-2022 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    And the agreement includes a second car that will surely be for 2025, also manufactured in Spain and rumored to be the replacement for the Space Star (Mirage) but something bigger, Hybrid and even with fully electric versions, using the platform of the Įlio to try to compete in that segment (B) market that are not present here in Europe.
    Thanks for this update. I saw one Dutch site speculating that the second car may be a hatchback. Hope more info and photos will leak soon!

I hope they can give their Renault cars some nice Dynamic Shield front (like their 2019 Mirage/2020 Space Star), I really love that design personally.

In Spain, the normal driving license is valid for all vehicles under 3500kg, whatever their transmission. But the test is with a manual transmission car.
    Neat, so I'd need a special license to drive my pickup truck(3600kg) over there!
    En Espaņa son 5 aņos o 100.000 kms.
    Mitsubishi's warranty in Canada and the Us(I believe) is 10 year/160,000km for the power train. Most other mfg in Canada only offer 5year/100,000km if that.
    It is uncommon, but I know more people. I'm not proud of it, but not ashamed either. I drive cars because it's practical, not because I'm a huge fan of driving.

Automatic transmission cars are relatively expensive here (which sucks, as cars themselves are expensive in general anyway, thanks to special Dutch taxes) and only now they are getting more and more popular. Not so strange with all the traffic jams in the country. Even some die-hard "I'll never drive an automatic" are now silently switching, not in the least place because of cars like Tesla, of course.
    I'm lazy and have a metal rod and screws in my left leg so I'm fine with an automatic. Especially in traffic. I have manual in my truck which is becoming more rare over here. The truck sits and rusts in the driveway for the most part and really only gets used to tow our pointlessly heavy holiday trailer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Neat, so I'd need a special license to drive my pickup truck(3600kg) over there!

Mitsubishi's warranty in Canada and the Us(I believe) is 10 year/160,000km for the power train. Most other mfg in Canada only offer 5year/100,000km if that.

I'm lazy and have a metal rod and screws in my left leg so I'm fine with an automatic. Especially in traffic. I have manual in my truck which is becoming more rare over here. The truck sits and rusts in the driveway for the most part and really only gets used to tow our pointlessly heavy holiday trailer.
    How'd you bust your leg up Fummy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    How'd you bust your leg up Fummy?
    An awesome quading accident 11 years ago! I went flying and the quad came cartwheeling after me. Landed nose down on my femur. Didn't feel a thing!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-28-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    An awesome quading accident 11 years ago! I went flying and the quad came cartwheeling after me. Landed nose down on my femur. Didn't feel a thing!
    Goddamn! That's terrible. Well at least you didn't get a bill for $20k like you would here in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Goddamn! That's terrible. Well at least you didn't get a bill for $20k like you would here in the states.
    I did have to pay $200 for the ambulance ride to the closest crappy town hospital. A day or later I got transferred by another meat wagon 3hrs into the city. That one was a free ride. I couldn't imagine what all that woulda cost down there.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I did have to pay $200 for the ambulance ride to the closest crappy town hospital. A day or later I got transferred by another meat wagon 3hrs into the city. That one was a free ride. I couldn't imagine what all that woulda cost down there.
    My ambulance ride was $2800 for a 2 mile ride. Over night hospital stay with cat scan without insurance was almost $28k.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-28-2022)

Belated welcome, Vincent!

Glad you're enjoying your Space Star so much.

I have a driver license for automatic transmission cars only
    I WISH our driving tests were as comprehensive as they are in some European countries!

My dealer admitted they didn't sell a lot of Instyle (top level), in fact I had the idea his own personal opinion was that it was too expensive.
    That's a common sentiment here as well. This car is positioned in North America as a budget, entry level runabout. When you buy the top model with all the options, it's too much money -- the same price as some arguably better cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-01-2022),vintzend (02-02-2022)