Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news for Mitsubishi lovers

Country
    Spain
    Thanks

Good news for Mitsubishi lovers

https://www.autobild.es/noticias/nue...espana-1002243

I put the link to a very good news. Mitsubishi will manufacture two new vehicles in the Renault factory in Spain.

I copy the link, from a reputable motor magazine here, I guess it will be echoed in English magazines.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pablo For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (01-28-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Name:  ACR.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  27.3 KB

Nuevo ASX

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (01-28-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Not sure the words 'good news' and 'Renault' can ever belong in the same automotive thought bubble.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

daleWV (01-29-2022),Dirk Diggler (01-28-2022),dragon2knight (01-28-2022),Fummins (01-28-2022),skyblue (01-28-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Le Cars must fetch a pretty penny at auction these days. No Rembrandt, but a Picasso print for sure to some beholders eyes. I just found out they started captive importing those Renault Le Cars in 1976 into Canada and the USA. A la the Dodge Colt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Spain
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Not sure the words 'good news' and 'Renault' can ever belong in the same automotive thought bubble.
    Well I feel discrepar.... in the company where I work the commercials use Renault Clio and are very solid cars, reliable and very agile to drive ... here in Spain have been many years being the best sellers.

It is quite normal these collaborations, Ford for example here in Europe does not mount Ford engines, but uses the same as Citroen and Renault... manufactured by the former PSA.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Well I feel discrepar.... in the company where I work the commercials use Renault Clio and are very solid cars, reliable and very agile to drive ... here in Spain have been many years being the best sellers.

It is quite normal these collaborations, Ford for example here in Europe does not mount Ford engines, but uses the same as Citroen and Renault... manufactured by the former PSA.

Our markets are quite different. Ford, for example, has dropped all of their cars except the Mustang in the States.

As far as Mitsubishi goes, Nissan has more of an impact here. The latest new model of the Outlander is basically a Nissan Rogue. Your ASX would be our Outlander Sport.

If Mitsubishi vehicles become rebadged Nissan or Renault vehicles, I somewhat question if Mitsubishi exists any more.
    Last edited by Mark; 01-28-2022 at 03:08 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (01-28-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I think it'd be cool to have an European economy brand like Renault sold here in the states.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-28-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I think it'd be cool to have an European economy brand like Renault sold here in the states.
    There are like 3 affordable cars for sale new in the USA and Canada now. Mexico gets a lot more cool imports from Europe from what I understand. Canada's roads look identical to Michigan besides the vinyl roofs.

I don't even find any of the options that affordable

If the alternative would be their original plan, leaving Europe altogether, I'd choose this Renault deal any day.

The Renault Clio was one of the few cars I seriously considered. Have you seen the latest 2020-ish version? It really has become a nice car IMO. The base price was acceptable, but when configuring it to a similar level as the Dutch top-of-the-line Space Star, it quickly became too expensive for my current budget.

I hope more information on this supposedly hatchback car will leak. Very curious to the prices as well. I can't imagine they can go much lower than Renault's prices. Also, will they maintain their well know 5 years warranty? (European brands usually offer 2 years IIRC).

Hope this move will give them a bit more success in the European market.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    If the alternative would be their original plan, leaving Europe altogether, I'd choose this Renault deal any day.

The Renault Clio was one of the few cars I seriously considered. Have you seen the latest 2020-ish version? It really has become a nice car IMO. The base price was acceptable, but when configuring it to a similar level as the Dutch top-of-the-line Space Star, it quickly became too expensive for my current budget.

I hope more information on this supposedly hatchback car will leak. Very curious to the prices as well. I can't imagine they can go much lower than Renault's prices. Also, will they maintain their well know 5 years warranty? (European brands usually offer 2 years IIRC).

Hope this move will give them a bit more success in the European market.
    I'm surprised the Netherlands don't have their own brand of car. I'm sure they could build just as nice a car as the Germans or Italians.