Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help removing headlight bulb

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I don't know if it matters or not, (probably Not), but I put LED's in my old Ranger at the advice of a auto parts store sales person & I removed them after the second night with them. I couldn't see squat. If the headlights aren't designed for the LED's, you may not have very good results... Just my experience, YMMV...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post

Top is Chinese D5S LED in Mirage's 2017 projector.
    Bottom is Philips Pro 9000 H4 in Xpander's halogen reflector..
    I don't understand the point of the above video, because you changed more than one variable. The two different type of light bulbs are one variable. If you had shown how they compare during the dead of night for both, one could come away some conclusion. The bottom clip is not as dark outside at the first clip. Unless the lights are lighting up the entire skyline ahead. The time of night variable is not the same, & it should be the same to make a fair comparison of the two headlights.

I don't come away sensing one is better than the other, because of that I guess.

Headlights are over rated. That’s what other people’s tail lights and street lights are for. Here’s a pointless video with one orange headlight.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My driver's side low beam is out so I ordered stock replacement Hellas from the rainforest store. Nice to see how easy it is to change. I will do that in the AM.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    is that your own video upload?

well it looks like the blue tinge that is inherent of the white LEDs is practically nil or barely noticeable for the Philips Pro 9000 in the video.
    Yes, that's mine.
    The Pro 9000 is 5800K, less white than 6000K D5S.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't understand the point of the above video
    On previous post I said that the Pro 9000 less uniform than old ultinon. Just want to point that.