Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help removing headlight bulb

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Help removing headlight bulb

Hello all,

I’m trying to install new led headlights. Unfortunately I’m stuck on the first step. I can’t figure out how to remove the headlight connector.

I spent quite a while trying, I don’t see any tabs on the connector to depress and I don’t think it’s a twist style connector.

I do see the black plastic flap on the back of the connector but that looks like a manufacturing thing.

I have looked at the led install thread but they just kinda skip teaching how to remove the connector

Thank you.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    What type of bulb?

The connector just pulls straight off the bulb. There’s no release button. Some are stubborn to remove. Just keep working it or maybe try wedging a flat blade between it and the bulb if possible.
    After that remove the black rubber cap. It to just pulls right off but sometimes get stuck around the bulb. Then release the metal clip. I’m not awake enough to explain that part. One end is hinged. Other end needs to be pushed slightly and slid out of holder? Or google it

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Hello all,

I’m trying to install new led headlights. Unfortunately I’m stuck on the first step. I can’t figure out how to remove the headlight connector.

I spent quite a while trying, I don’t see any tabs on the connector to depress and I don’t think it’s a twist style connector.

I do see the black plastic flap on the back of the connector but that looks like a manufacturing thing.

I have looked at the led install thread but they just kinda skip teaching how to remove the connector

Thank you.
    Not as well done as your You Tube productions -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF8fWS-3T2Q

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-01-2022),mohammad (01-28-2022)

Just be careful pulling that rubber part off. I bent the crap out of the retaining clip one time when the rubber was stuck to the bulb. It was a bass turd to get that bent back properly in the cold.

Coincidentally I had a bulb burn out when I turned the lights on in my garage this morning.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Hello all,

Thank you.
    Which bulbs did you end up using? I just remembered I need some. Might as well go led. I’m gonna order some leds from the usual scumbags(Amazon).

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Which bulbs did you end up using? I just remembered I need some. Might as well go led. I’m gonna order some leds from the usual scumbags(Amazon).
    I bought both philips bulbs and the more popular Sealight bulbs from amazon. Unfortunately i accidentally bought the last generation philips bulbs and not the newer ones. I dont understand why they keep both current and last generation in production.

the philips pro 9000 is the newest one, i got the X-tremeUltinon gen2 the price is the same but return is not free so now i feel stupid being stuck with the less bright option.

within 1 to 2 weeks I'll probably release a youtube video comparing the two in terms of brightness and design.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-31-2022),MetroMPG (02-01-2022)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    the philips pro 9000 is the newest one, i got the X-tremeUltinon gen2 the price is the same but return is not free so now i feel stupid being stuck with the less bright option.
    Hi, I used philips ultinon H4 before and now I'm using philips pro 9000. Personally I prefer ultinon, since the LEDs position 100% like halogen bulb, it produce more uniform light than pro 9000. The pro has brighter light but less uniform.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-01-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    While we are talking about headlights can anyone tell me what the purpose of the rubber dust boot behind the headlight is? I feel all it’s doing is killing airflow to my light heat sync.

Freeyoursoul why did you change headlights? Did the Philips ones burn out/break? Also If you have DRL can you tell me if the headlights flicker for you?

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    While we are talking about headlights can anyone tell me what the purpose of the rubber dust boot behind the headlight is? I feel all it’s doing is killing airflow to my light heat sync.
    It prevent dust to enter the reflector.

Freeyoursoul why did you change headlights? Did the Philips ones burn out/break? Also If you have DRL can you tell me if the headlights flicker for you?
    It didn't break. Someone sold the pro 9000 cheap, so I bought it and gave my ultinon to my brother.

It's not flickering.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-01-2022)