Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevy Spark discontinued. 2022 is its last model year.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    A class up! Hahahaha! You should have been a comedian. You must have been smokin' when you made that statement good buddy.
    Well technically a Rio is a compact right? The Mirage is a subcompact.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Houses haven't gone up much over here in the last 4 years. I'd avoid the popular eastern cities and southern BC. They seem to be popular with "foreign investors".

Save the politics and bs for facebook. ^
    You're right my bad.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You're right my bad.
    Regarding politics - Did Eggman retire, & Fummins become the new forum moderator?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-03-2022),MetroMPG (02-03-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Here it was my $75k house and a boarded up house next door, for sale 3 times never selling. Now I'm in my $65k old house, and next to $650k house. However I have learned money doesn't correlate to class at all. Ugh I say less crass more class anyway. I blame it on the fat cats for sure. Whooops! sorry

The cheapest car within 500 km radius of me is a 2021 Chevy Spark manual, white with no options. Ballpark of $12,100. The next cheapest car is an $18,000 or so 2020 Kia Rio manual base, but with heated seats etc. I have thought of buying a Spark. But since I saw a Fiat 500 with a trailer yesterday, I wonder if the Fiat 500 is a good option sheerly cause they're cheap used.
    Yes I’d highly recommend a that you buy a fiat. Great cars. Zero problems, you’ll love it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Well technically a Rio is a compact right? The Mirage is a subcompact.
    Yeah you're right. I've somehow got to forget my bias away from Hyundai-Kia. They're certainly better than most Euro cars. More shock therapy and liquor, maybe that will drown away my memories.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Regarding politics - Did Eggman retire, & Fummins become the new forum moderator?
    I should have made it more clear that I wasn't referring to Dirk. I could smell another infamous rant brewing.

I guess you can't change your title to moderator but you can if you space out the letters

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-03-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post

If the Mirage can't sell in decent numbers under these conditions, then I don't know what it's going to take. Of course this assumes that they can actually get some new inventory to dealers this year.
    This also assumes Mitsubishi isn't planning to discontinue the Mirage as well!

It would SEEM to be foolish on their part not to milk the old platform for at least another few years with GM abandoning the cheap seats.

GM will probably replace the Spark with some entry level crossover/mini-SUV type thing. But it won't be nearly as cheap as the Spark was.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

cheapest

One other thought:

With the Spark gone, the Mirage will officially become the cheapest new vehicle in Canada and the US.

I say "officially" because for years I have often seen blogs & review sites mistakenly report that the Mirage is the cheapest.

Maybe just because it feels that way?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-03-2022)

next cheapest GM is...

Holy cow! With the Spark leaving, it's about to get 50% more expensive to buy GM's "cheapest" car...

... the Spark is one of the cheapest vehicles in America thanks to its $13,600 ($14,595 with destination) sticker price. Its death means the 2022 Trax will eventually become the bowtie brand’s entry-level vehicle and it starts at $21,400 ($22,595 with destination), which is a pretty sizable jump from the Spark.
    (From the same article Dirk linked.)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I posted elsewhere on here about the Chevy Spark we owned briefly. Summing up, it was at the time the cheapest new car available. I thought it would be decent and it was decent until the head developed a leak at the gasket with oily, damp streak along most of the visible head-block joint. We dumped it back on the dealer when service said it was not leaking. Personally, I do not blame the techs for refusing to do a head gasket since the "flat rate" plus the commission incentive guarantees the tech will make no money on the deal.

My wife *****ed, complained and criticized miserably about that car since she claims she was not involved in the decision to get it. Then, late last year as horrible gas prices rising, she decides to get a Mitsu Mirage. It took a little while to realize the Mirage was VERY similar to the Spark! Except we got a loaded Mirage. Cruise really good. Spark had none but it was good practice!

I'm one to keep them (cars, anything) until the wheels fall off (or stops working properly) and then repair/restore as necessary.

There is another thing besides demand raising prices that your arrogant economics professor did not tell you: inflation. The fact of inflation robs you of value daily and the give-away schemes of today are propelling inflation rates promising to duplicate Germany between WWI % WWII.

Karl

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CROSSBOLT For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-03-2022),Wil B (02-05-2022)