Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevy Spark discontinued. 2022 is its last model year.

Vancouver is in Canada. It doesn't get really cold there, at least not compared to the rest of the tundra. Some things probably cost more but I'm sure some of it is relative. Places with a higher cost of living typically have a higher average income, or no?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-entry.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    If a bungalow in Vancouver requires an $80/hr job, I don't really see it being relative. I bought my old house making like minimum wage now, so times change and people get lucky. Now I'm thinking of tearing down and building an apartment building.

I think the problem with the housing thing is that too many big corporations are getting into the flipping houses/renovictions thing, and pushing the prices up. Like the car companies, only giving people expensive options to choose from.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Vancouver is in Canada. It doesn't get really cold there, at least not compared to the rest of the tundra. Some things probably cost more but I'm sure some of it is relative. Places with a higher cost of living typically have a higher average income, or no?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-entry.html
    What about Edmunton or Calgary? I get Canada is a little more expensive but my wife and I are frugal people to begin with. We don't require the finest things in life. We're not scared of snow either. With all the new shipping lanes opening up near the north pole and Canada owning all that land up north with all its potential in finding precious minerals, I think Canada is going to become an even more powerful country in the next 20 to 50 years.

I think politically the US is heading towards a low intensity level civil war, similar to what the UK experienced during "The Troubles" of the 70s thru early 2000s. I can't stand the far left or the far right at all. Everything is so polarized now and I don't deal in the ultimatum of "You're either with us or against us." There's no middle, balanced path anymore it feels like. I doubt Canada would take us though. The point system Canada uses is very strict to get in.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So don't plan on being a paramedic, or a timely teacher!
    Last edited by dspace9; 02-02-2022 at 08:50 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    What about Edmunton or Calgary?
    Houses haven't gone up much over here in the last 4 years. I'd avoid the popular eastern cities and southern BC. They seem to be popular with "foreign investors".

Save the politics and bs for facebook. ^

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-03-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,008 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    ... a class up and get an Accent or Rio.
    A class up! Hahahaha! You should have been a comedian. You must have been smokin' when you made that statement good buddy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I could always move to Key West, live next to Hemmingway's house.
    Oh man, that would blow. Nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there. Much nicer places to live. But, everybody is different. There are a lot of ... ahem, men, who really enjoy themselves in Key West.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Oh man, that would blow. Nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there. Much nicer places to live. But, everybody is different. There are a lot of ... ahem, men, who really enjoy themselves in Key West.
    I gotcha. Puerto Vallarta was like that Mexico, at least in the old days. I met a man couple the morning after I arrived, 2 days before my ex girlfriend arrived. Our flights were different since I was last-minute. Nice guys, from Vancouver I believe. Save city with great weather. Shouldn't be important issue for anyone, but of course it is sadly.

Some people know the $25 a night motels with the parrots in the courtyard and walking distance to everything. Other people know brochure 6 star resorts. My God the food was good.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I think the problem with the housing thing is that too many big corporations are getting into the flipping houses/renovictions thing, and pushing the prices up. Like the car companies, only giving people expensive options to choose from.
    Agreement. It's happening in my parents' 1970's neighborhood. Houses look somewhat the same on the outside as they ever did, but the inside looks like something a celebrity would be interested in, at a cost of 2.5 to 3.5 times the house before flipping. And idiots are eager to secure a mortgage for it.

$120k houses next door to $315k houses, but the outsides they look the same between the two. It's crazy, but it's happening. More power to 'em. Free country.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-02-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Here it was my $75k house and a boarded up house next door, for sale 3 times never selling. Now I'm in my $65k old house, and next to $650k house. However I have learned money doesn't correlate to class at all. Ugh I say less crass more class anyway. I blame it on the fat cats for sure. Whooops! sorry

The cheapest car within 500 km radius of me is a 2021 Chevy Spark manual, white with no options. Ballpark of $12,100. The next cheapest car is an $18,000 or so 2020 Kia Rio manual base, but with heated seats etc. I have thought of buying a Spark. But since I saw a Fiat 500 with a trailer yesterday, I wonder if the Fiat 500 is a good option sheerly cause they're cheap used.

Last edited by dspace9; 02-02-2022 at 09:38 PM.