Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage dedicated Discord server

Country
    Sweden
    Thanks

Cool Mitsubishi Mirage dedicated Discord server

Hello folks,

As there was no Discord dedicated to Mitsubishi Mirage, I decided to create one.

Discord is obviosly not a replacement for a forum like this one, but it's has it's pros, in form of more direct per-channel chat communication and voip support which this forum could benifit from.

I believe if owners / key people on this forum could join the server, take a look, and see if it could be a great additional complementary tool to this forum, then I would be more than happy to transfer the ownership of it to one of this forum's owners and/or administrators, and do my best to cooperate in the future in terms of help and advising on how all the Discord features work (if that will be needed).

As of today, the setup of the server in terms of permissions, roles, channels and categories is more or less ready (i did most of it). But it would be nice if you joined and helped revising the structure of it to be perfect, just before it can officially open (if ever).

I hope it's not illegal to post links on this forum, but either way, no harm is meant.
    Here is the invite: https://discord.gg/3Q3TU9DSXx

Last edited by m4xiJo; 02-02-2022 at 10:18 PM.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Why bother? This is more active than discord app. Last post was Jan 21 this year. This is the latest post here for at least two seconds...and it is easier to use. Invite them over here. There are some really knowledgeable people here.
    Karl

I took a quick look. Looks like a complete $hit show. Even compared to the weird Mirage back patter facebook group I looked at once.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I only use Discord for a couple games I play where the crew insists on it. Really dislike the platform
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

I'm probably just too computer dumb to finger it out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Sweden
    Thanks
    Why bother? This is more active than discord app. Last post was Jan 21 this year. This is the latest post here for at least two seconds...and it is easier to use. Invite them over here. There are some really knowledgeable people here.
    Maybe it's worth to bother just for the sake of providing more options? Options = convenience.
    We can be honest and state that a forum in general is a well dated tech for 2022, especially this vBulletin with design from 2001. This obviosly limits the speed at which communication may happen, it takes minutes to login and view messages, it takes even longer to format em, it's not as easy to track your replies, as you can't mention specific people or groups of people. Nor can you invididually finetune notifications on per thread level just for yourself. Did I forget to say that there is no mobile app?
    You re usually not bothered by those limits on an IRC like Discord.

I took a quick look. Looks like a complete $hit show. Even compared to the weird Mirage back patter facebook group I looked at once.
    Thanks for the feedback and critisism, even though it seemd a bit distructive
    Facebook is not really the same as Discord though. I'd say: the way Facebook groups function, is more like the same philosophy as any typical forum, just like this one.
    Last edited by m4xiJo; 02-03-2022 at 09:41 PM.

Gotcha. My comment was based on some of the weird and completely wrong post's like "ford doesn't make a 3 cylinder engine".
    I've never used discord. My kids probably will before I do though lol.

I don't hate this outdated platform. Maybe it's because I'm slowly getting older and fat and don't need to be notified about what others have to say.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (02-04-2022)

Country
    Sweden
    Thanks
    "ford doesn't make a 3 cylinder engine"
    Don't know where you found it, but I guess discussion was related to Fiesta in particular and not Ford in general, which makes your quote completely ripped out of it's original context.
    Either way even if someone was mistaken, I don't see how that's a problem. Discussions in part do exist for people to come to certain consensus where one may correct another as discussion goes on.