Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Triton/L200 spotted in the US! Mitsu trucks are coming!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I am old enough to remember the old Raiders. This is a modern day 4-door Mitsubishi pickup truck. I am not sure if it's labeled a L200 or Triton, however.

I envy those who have vehicles like a Triton or Suzuki Jimny enough to recognize them when I see them. I have watched a number or reviews done on the Triton in Australia, too.

The Triton may be ruined before it gets here. No one does better vehicle reviews than John Cadogen in Australia. He liked the Triton, but that may have taken a turn for the worst in 2022.

My biggest concern is Nissan will destroy the Mitsubishi brand. I am not alone.

Here is what John thinks of the 2020 Triton -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQcMqQnrRDI&t=15s

Here's his new take on the new upcoming 2022 Triton -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI1CwiOPN0Q

If Mitsubishi just become rebadged Nissan products, the brand has really disappeared in my mind.

Watch the 2nd clip of John I posted & tell me if you are still as excited.
    It was informative for sure but apparently they've sold a lot of Navaras in Australia so I don't know?

I found this quote from a recent Navara 2021 review

But the vast majority of grades including all king cabs and all 4×4 dual cabs use a familiar 2.3-litre diesel four-cylinder with two turbos, one for low engine speeds and one for higher.

Outputs are 140kW of power at 3750rpm and 450Nm of torque between 1500 and 2500rpm. I snuck under 10 seconds on my 0-100km/h run. Claimed combined-cycle fuel use varies from a low 7.2L/100km to 8.1L/100km, and the tank is 80 litres.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Turbo Diesel Nissan could actually be reliable? Who knows? Maybe in hot states? I'm just thrilled Mitsu is getting new products out there. Please of great Buddha.....let us get the Delica!!!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Why do all the new trucks have to be 4 door??? Why can't they make a cab & a half that gives us a useable box ??? Or a regular cab & a useable box??? I don't want or need a 4 door pick-up truck...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Why do all the new trucks have to be 4 door??? Why can't they make a cab & a half that gives us a useable box ??? Or a regular cab & a useable box??? I don't want or need a 4 door pick-up truck...
    Australia gets a single cab Navara, I doubt the US will though. This Mitsubishi rebadge will have a traditional 8speed transmission, which is a big plus.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Attachment 22923

Cool looking truck. I think the Frontier is bigger. I'm not sure why Nissan never brought the Navara over to Canada, since our Frontier looks like it was designed in the 1990s.
    There is nothing special or appealing about the Navara. It's just like everything else on the market. Just another small 4-door, small box truck. Talk about a big yawn!

I'd rather own an small SUV & trailer. It's way more useful & practical. I can load a compact tractor, lawn tractor, ATv, or UTV on my small trailer with ease. If I buy a yard of gravel, I don't cringe when they dump it in my trailer with their loader. If I am taking a small boat to lake, I'd rather have my extra gear inside a SUV instead of the back of a truck.

Hauling large dogs - I prefer an SUV. Dead deer - I might prefer the truck for that, but my trailer has that covered, too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-19-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    There is nothing special or appealing about the Navara. It's just like everything else on the market. Just another small 4-door, small box truck. Talk about a big yawn!

I'd rather own an small SUV & trailer. It's way more useful & practical. I can load a compact tractor, lawn tractor, ATv, or UTV on my small trailer with ease. If I buy a yard of gravel, I don't cringe when they dump it in my trailer with their loader. If I am taking a small boat to lake, I'd rather have my extra gear inside a SUV instead of the back of a truck.

Hauling large dogs - I prefer an SUV. Dead deer - I might prefer the truck for that, but my trailer has that covered, too.
    I would be excited though if the new L200 rebadge gave the Maverick some competition in the $20k truck category.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

I get it that you have many acres of property to maintain, as well as you eat meat. Good for you!

You keep busy eh? I prefer to read. Only so much time to spare.

But anyway my philosophy with my Mirage is: to stuff it as much as possible and buy no other vehicle.

Used and broken door to the dump? Cut it in half first! Get those ingenuity juices flowing for a few more years.

I loved it the other month I took my car to my county's 'toxic chemicals/paint cans recycling day.' The one guy was like "this car has a ton of stuff in it." The suburban in front of me looked like it had half a house worth of stuff in it, none destined for recycling.

Yep, many litres of storage in my rear hatchback!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)