Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fog Light install and activation on your Mitsubishi Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Fog Light install and activation on your Mitsubishi Mirage

Made these two videos covering install and activation of the fog lights on Mirages that didn't come with them from the factory. Since this is the best place to find info for Mirages, I figured I'd post the videos here as well.

And for the newer 2021 version:

I hope this helps!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrfixit For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (04-14-2022),haunt023 (05-11-2022),inuvik (02-20-2022)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    for the foglamp the feature is just disabled it can be enabled through MUT directly, in cruise control you need that etacs decoder, also include the bi-xenon headlight conversion without relay.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    sadly didn't work for me going to ask the deal when we do the ctv 30k change
    we did a video on it too :-(
    you must go slow to go fasssst

check us out and say hi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrU...gkC80APKc3cDrA

Where did you buy the fog lamps?

Roughly, what would they cost?

Can you recommend Mitsubishi part numbers?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    you must go slow to go fasssst

check us out and say hi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrU...gkC80APKc3cDrA

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bde269 For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (04-14-2022)

Country
    Czech Republic
    Thanks
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me find a replacement fog light for my 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE. Unfortunately the glass shattered on it but the light works fine. I really would like to replace this as I refuse to let my Mirage turn into a crappy looking car. Its the nicest car I've ever had and I love it. Really bummed me out to discover it was broken today. I found some on Amazon for $75 USD however upon reading reviews looks like the glass shatters easy on them too. I only need the right one, and really, its just the glass I need. I'm open to any suggestions. The light still works fine. Just a clean shatter all around the glass part. If this isn't the right place to ask this, I'll start another thread. Thanks.
    スペーススター

Supēsusutā

eBay. I bought a couple sets that came with led bulbs for around $30 cad iirc. They have glass lenses like the oem lights. But they’re rock magnets and both broke within a few months.

Edit: I lied it was $33usd snd now they’re 35. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/274184275043...mis&media=COPY

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Czech Republic
    Thanks
    thank you. I love this car but its brutal learning how expensive some of the parts are for it. Especially tires. Few questions if you dont mind answering.

How common is it for these to break? Seems inevitable. I rarely use the foglights. If I replace them, I'd probably just keep some sort of silicon molds/3d printed caps to prevent any more breaks.

Is there any risk to having the light inside be exposed? Potential electrical damage I'd assume. Ive never changed a light or done any repair like this. So to be honest I'd probably pay someone to do it.

Thanks Fummins! Glad this forum is still alive. I joined when it kinda died down
    スペーススター

Supēsusutā

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    I've never used these kinds of products but you can buy a film to put over the fog light lense to (hopefully) keep it from shattering the next time a rock hits it. I don't have any experience with these products but some guys swear it helps. Here is an example.

You can find generic film on Amazon...

Name:  lamin-x.jpg
Views: 1849
Size:  49.4 KB
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 05-06-2022 at 01:17 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What's the part number for the OEM fog light kit for the G4? It's my understanding that it's a different kit than the hatch. Would installation and activation be similar to in the video as well?