Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirage: nominee for Best Value 2022 @ Cars.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    On a side note, I'm only avg 36mpg combined with my new Mirage, which is fine but its not the 39mpg I thought I would be getting.
    How heavy is your 21 CVT Mirage? I believe my old 15 DE is like 2000 lbs give or take a few I regularly see 45 mpgs... I'd assume yours is a little heavier even with the extra ponies from the newer 3a92.

How do you like to drive...heavy pedal, lead foot, fast? Or hypermile, slow and steady? Rush hour traffic?

How cold has it been there lately? The cold kills mpgs.

$5k is a lot of money. I'd neutral drop my Mirage for money.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Its too bad they force some of these useless features like A/C and side airbags on us. Gotta save every penny so you have more to take to the grave with you.
    Living in the present is important, but it's better to leave something to family if you can. I like to spend my extra money on vacations, and would easily give up most of anything I have saved, in exchange for great vacations. Weird things happen when you travel and I found my trip to Alberta a few years ago, full of many stories. Cars are just expensive and frivolous toys for people who want to keep up with the jones. I could care less myself about that sort of thing. I like that my little Mirage makes my driveway look way bigger lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Wil B (04-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    No. Put it in neutral, hold the throttle wide open then shift to drive. Don’t do it lol
    I'll never forget the look on my friend face when I explained this to him as a 16 year old who didn't know much about cars when he asked me how to do a burnout in his moms 6 cylinder Ford Granada...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    How heavy is your 21 CVT Mirage? I believe my old 15 DE is like 2000 lbs give or take a few I regularly see 45 mpgs... I'd assume yours is a little heavier even with the extra ponies from the newer 3a92.

How do you like to drive...heavy pedal, lead foot, fast? Or hypermile, slow and steady? Rush hour traffic?

How cold has it been there lately? The cold kills mpgs.

$5k is a lot of money. I'd neutral drop my Mirage for money.
    It's 2100lbs and yes I have a bit of a lead foot so it's more than likely my fault.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    On a side note, I'm only avg 36mpg combined with my new Mirage, which is fine but its not the 39mpg I thought I would be getting.
    Dirk - I had to elbow my way through the Thunderdome twice yesterday (there and back). I had to go to KSU. I did the speed limit (whatever the signs said, I did, just for fun) there and back. Which was 70 mph until I hit I-285. Then it was 65 mph max the rest of the ride up to Marietta.

And, more importantly, I ran the A/C the whole way there and back. Whenst I got into the car to go up there I was hot / warm from being outside doing crap so I was slightly sweating. Hence, on with the A/C.

As I was heading out I thought, the mpg is going to suck due to using the A/C. The traffic wasn't the clearest I've ever had to get up there, but it was OK. Just kind of lumpy where 285 meets 75 on the north side. But I whomped by everybody, as I always do. It's a weird dynamic. It backs up all the way up and over the hill coming to I-75, but as soon as traffic clears the Cobb Pkwy exit, it opens up like holes in swiss cheese for the short distance (maybe 250 yards) to the exit to I-75 north. So I stay far left and roll almost full speed then I plug the swiss cheese holes with a blueberry between the Cobb Pkwy and I-75 exit. Very easy.

Anywho - When I got to KSU, the A Avg MPG read 53.4 mpg. Which equates to about 49.5 mpg realistically. I was shocked. It knocked out a huge number even running the A/C! So, I can see a lot more A/C running in my future.

On the way back the traffic was worster. But it still read 51.0 mpg upon rolling into my driveway. So about 47.5 mpg for the trip there and back. What a good Blueberry!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (04-14-2022),inuvik (04-14-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Dirk - I had to elbow my way through the Thunderdome twice yesterday (there and back). I had to go to KSU. I did the speed limit (whatever the signs said, I did, just for fun) there and back. Which was 70 mph until I hit I-285. Then it was 65 mph max the rest of the ride up to Marietta.

And, more importantly, I ran the A/C the whole way there and back. Whenst I got into the car to go up there I was hot / warm from being outside doing crap so I was slightly sweating. Hence, on with the A/C.

As I was heading out I thought, the mpg is going to suck due to using the A/C. The traffic wasn't the clearest I've ever had to get up there, but it was OK. Just kind of lumpy where 285 meets 75 on the north side. But I whomped by everybody, as I always do. It's a weird dynamic. It backs up all the way up and over the hill coming to I-75, but as soon as traffic clears the Cobb Pkwy exit, it opens up like holes in swiss cheese for the short distance (maybe 250 yards) to the exit to I-75 north. So I stay far left and roll almost full speed then I plug the swiss cheese holes with a blueberry between the Cobb Pkwy and I-75 exit. Very easy.

Anywho - When I got to KSU, the A Avg MPG read 53.4 mpg. Which equates to about 49.5 mpg realistically. I was shocked. It knocked out a huge number even running the A/C! So, I can see a lot more A/C running in my future.

On the way back the traffic was worster. But it still read 51.0 mpg upon rolling into my driveway. So about 47.5 mpg for the trip there and back. What a good Blueberry!
    You shouldn't use ac anymore. With all the money you'd save you could leave your neighbors cat a really nice inheritance. Live frugal now so you can afford to do all the things you can't do when you're older.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You shouldn't use ac anymore. With all the money you'd save you could leave your neighbors cat a really nice inheritance. Live frugal now so you can afford to do all the things you can't do when you're older.
    The only reason I save $s is for maryjane, crack, cocaine, heroine, molly, LSD, and perk 30s. Being I'm an engineer, I think I'm going to start developing a sort of "backpack lab," available to any country, state or local with legalized drugs. You pour all your different illicit drugs into, you know, small hoppers. Then you attach an I.V. somewhere, maybe a chest port. Then there's an app on your smartphone and you can customize on the fly which drug you want, or even a mixuture of them. The little lab goes to work from BT signals from your smartphone and before you know it (within seconds) your custom drug selection is being pushed into your port. And then we can all stumble around slobbering, and bent over double like you see people doing in the homeless areas of Kalifornia. Now that's the life! I'll make BEEEEELLIONS.

And I'll have the money for this development due to the vast and bountiful savings harvested and realized from procurement and ownership of such a valuable tool as is the Mitsubishi Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    The only reason I save $s is for maryjane, crack, cocaine, heroine, molly, LSD, and perk 30s. Being I'm an engineer, I think I'm going to start developing a sort of "backpack lab," available to any country, state or local with legalized drugs. You pour all your different illicit drugs into, you know, small hoppers. Then you attach an I.V. somewhere, maybe a chest port. Then there's an app on your smartphone and you can customize on the fly which drug you want, or even a mixuture of them. The little lab goes to work from BT signals from your smartphone and before you know it (within seconds) your custom drug selection is being pushed into your port. And then we can all stumble around slobbering, and bent over double like you see people doing in the homeless areas of Kalifornia. Now that's the life! I'll make BEEEEELLIONS.

And I'll have the money for this development due to the vast and bountiful savings harvested and realized from procurement and ownership of such a valuable tool as is the Mitsubishi Mirage.
    Are you looking for any investors? I know a good deal when I see one!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are you looking for any investors? I know a good deal when I see one!
    Can do. Welcome to 7milesout Enterprises Inc. LLC ®™ All Writes Preserved, and so on and so forth.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I'd leave it to Mr. Sprinkles, our mackrel tabby.Name:  View rece.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  86.7 KB

Last edited by Dirk Diggler; 10-01-2022 at 08:10 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-03-2022),inuvik (10-03-2022)