Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mirage: nominee for Best Value 2022 @ Cars.com

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    The only reason I save $s is for maryjane, crack, cocaine, heroine, molly, LSD, and perk 30s. Being I'm an engineer, I think I'm going to start developing a sort of "backpack lab," available to any country, state or local with legalized drugs. You pour all your different illicit drugs into, you know, small hoppers. Then you attach an I.V. somewhere, maybe a chest port. Then there's an app on your smartphone and you can customize on the fly which drug you want, or even a mixuture of them. The little lab goes to work from BT signals from your smartphone and before you know it (within seconds) your custom drug selection is being pushed into your port. And then we can all stumble around slobbering, and bent over double like you see people doing in the homeless areas of Kalifornia. Now that's the life! I'll make BEEEEELLIONS.

And I'll have the money for this development due to the vast and bountiful savings harvested and realized from procurement and ownership of such a valuable tool as is the Mitsubishi Mirage.
    Sorry old man, I only free base Fentanyl now because the devil's lettuce drove me to it. I just got home from work one day, sat on my porch whilst smoking a joint with my lovely wife, and thought "You know what, after 20 years of enjoying herb, I'm going to start free-basing synthetic heroin from Indo-China. Dammit, 7miles, baby Jesus, and Nancy Reagan were right all along!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-03-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Dirk - I had to elbow my way through the Thunderdome twice yesterday (there and back). I had to go to KSU. I did the speed limit (whatever the signs said, I did, just for fun) there and back. Which was 70 mph until I hit I-285. Then it was 65 mph max the rest of the ride up to Marietta.

And, more importantly, I ran the A/C the whole way there and back. Whenst I got into the car to go up there I was hot / warm from being outside doing crap so I was slightly sweating. Hence, on with the A/C.

As I was heading out I thought, the mpg is going to suck due to using the A/C. The traffic wasn't the clearest I've ever had to get up there, but it was OK. Just kind of lumpy where 285 meets 75 on the north side. But I whomped by everybody, as I always do. It's a weird dynamic. It backs up all the way up and over the hill coming to I-75, but as soon as traffic clears the Cobb Pkwy exit, it opens up like holes in swiss cheese for the short distance (maybe 250 yards) to the exit to I-75 north. So I stay far left and roll almost full speed then I plug the swiss cheese holes with a blueberry between the Cobb Pkwy and I-75 exit. Very easy.

Anywho - When I got to KSU, the A Avg MPG read 53.4 mpg. Which equates to about 49.5 mpg realistically. I was shocked. It knocked out a huge number even running the A/C! So, I can see a lot more A/C running in my future.

On the way back the traffic was worster. But it still read 51.0 mpg upon rolling into my driveway. So about 47.5 mpg for the trip there and back. What a good Blueberry!
    36 mpg combined, not just highway. I'll take it. I drive fast with the AC always on. I will say with my CC set a 75 mph, I'll avg early 40s mpg. Also be careful where 285 meets 75 as that's one of the most dangerous intersections in the country. I lived in that area for years before moving a bit north.