Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My brand new touchscreen isn't powering on?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Well I took it in this morning and explained how in the past 2 weeks my touchscreen wouldn't power on a couple of times. They looked at it and said I wasn't throwing any codes and that they noticed I was using an aftermarket USB cord to plug my Samsung 21 into. They said to only use a Samsung USB cord in the future? The cord I was using was a top of the line "Native Union" cord that was expensive and highly rated as a replacement cord. I can't see how this could of been the issue. They didn't even bother to pull the radio out to check if any wires were loose I bet because my car was hardly any the shop for more that 30 mins.

Does their answer sound plausible to anyone here? I think its bull****. I haven't had an issue of no power in 4 days still using my Native Union cord, so I'll wait to see if the issue happens again and then switch to my old Samsung cord to see if that helps even though I know damn well my expensive cord is made with much better materials and transfers data to my touch screen better than my Samsung cord.

I miss my simple AUX jack and radio so much, ZERO issues with that. If this continues to be an issue I'm going to see about either getting a new head unit or finding a used OEM Mirage radio from years before.

This service center did the bare minimum and told me to just come back if it happens again. I drove 40 miles round trip, for this? Folks hold onto your basic radio set ups, its the most reliable and there's nothing that Android Auto can do that a phone mount and AUX can't. Waste of time!!!!!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    https://youtu.be/jDfrvvse-9M

This is the exact, expensive cord, I was using. I found it hard to believe it was causing my powering on issues. Thoughts?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    https://youtu.be/jDfrvvse-9M

This is the exact, expensive cord, I was using. I found it hard to believe it was causing my powering on issues. Thoughts?
    They had to provide you with some sort of diagnoses, what is easier to blame than the after market thing you plugged in?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    They had to provide you with some sort of diagnoses, what is easier to blame than the after market thing you plugged in?
    I just don't understand what a cable has to do with not being able to turn the stereo touch screen on? Half the time I don't even have a cable plugged in, I just listen to the radio. This is some kind of wiring issue that they were too lazy to pull the head unit out and check if everything was as it should be with the wiring. Next time this happens, I'm going to an audio speaker place and have them diagnose the issue and then bring it back to the dealer with proof its the Pioneer unit.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Next time this happens, I'm going to an audio speaker place and have them diagnose the issue and then bring it back to the dealer with proof its the Pioneer unit.
    If the problem is internally within the radio i dont think you will be doing much other than wasting money, its unlikely they will be able to reproduce the problem.

on a side note the usb cable can cause radio to malifunction see https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth.../9840-USB-port
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    If the problem is internally within the radio i dont think you will be doing much other than wasting money, its unlikely they will be able to reproduce the problem.

on a side note the usb cable can cause radio to malifunction see https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth.../9840-USB-port
    No, but at least they would check to make sure all the wiring is in proper order. The service center didn't do this at all. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No, but at least they would check to make sure all the wiring is in proper order. The service center didn't do this at all. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
    Your asking for too much, I once asked for the oil change inspection report from the local dealership after paying money for an oil change, they never did one and emailed me a generic one with the customer name area and technician name blank. they said the front pads that were 2 weeks old were 3/4 of the way worn.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (04-23-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Dirk - I'd be glad they didn't pull it out. They'd just monkey it up and either a) scratch stuff all up in the process, b) forget to put it back in, c) destroy something in the process, d) and most certainly not get all the fasteners back in properly.

Also, you said your parents are 4 hours away? Do they just live on the south side of ATL metro and you only travel during rush hour? Or do they live somewhere else?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Dirk - I'd be glad they didn't pull it out. They'd just monkey it up and either a) scratch stuff all up in the process, b) forget to put it back in, c) destroy something in the process, d) and most certainly not get all the fasteners back in properly.

Also, you said your parents are 4 hours away? Do they just live on the south side of ATL metro and you only travel during rush hour? Or do they live somewhere else?
    My parents are 5 and a half hours away in Charleston, SC. Round-trip, its a 664 mile journey for me. I visit often because my father is dying from Lewy-Bodies Dementia so I'm just trying to spend as much quality time with him as I can and to help my step-mother out. I'm a Georgia Certified Nurse Aide with experience in memory care, so I'm able to do the work.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (04-23-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post

7miles, your an engineer. Explain to me how a high end USB cable that is made with much better material than my Samsung cable, could possibly cause my touchscreen to not power on sporadically?