Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My brand new touchscreen isn't powering on?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Good luck with that. They'll probably reply in regards to your warranty being voided. In reality they can only void warranty related to the audio system if you have a 3rd party mess with it, but most dealers are not smart enough to know that.
    I thought it was Federal law that using an accredited shop should not void out your warranty?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    It may be, but dealers don't know that. Because they don't know anything.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (04-23-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I miss my old f#cking radio! With the buttons and aux port! Arrrrrrrrrgh!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I know this is no consolation, but I feel bad about your stereo situation, and honestly one of the reasons why I bought my new Mirage through ordering. I had the dealer's new staff once not used to stick shift almost run me over with my own Mitsubishi, so I get it how dealership experiences can go from bad to worse lol. But honestly nice when you are the only one responsbile for the car. I listened to the stereo too loud from the summers with no AC, so the left tweeter (?) is all tin sounds depends on the pitch of the music or talk radio even.

Anyways I like many parts of my setup in my car like you said, with the more basic style from 2014 era. I like my sliding heat controls etc. I could go on all day about the many positives, and couple negatives with any Mirage.

I would say to the dealer, it's brand new, replace my stereo, can I talk to the owner of the store.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I miss my old f#cking radio! With the buttons and aux port! Arrrrrrrrrgh!
    I haven't heard anyone complain about their radio going out recently, but I would suggest checking that yellow box one more time.

My old style radio was losing power after 7 months of ownership/9,000 miles. My memory is not that spectacular. I looked up my comments in the thread about the yellow fuse box containing the radio fuse by in 2018.

Speaking for myself I had a hard time sticking my hand into that area. I really thought the yellow box was securely seated at first. Plus, the radio worked OK for months. When the issue came back, I tried again. I discovered the yellow fuse box wasn't seated all the way, & it took quite a shove to push it in all the way.

That was May of 2018, & I haven't had a radio issue since. I am not saying your problem is the same, but it's worth double checking. Double checking solved my radio issue, and it eliminated a 65 mile trip to a Mitsubishi dealership that I really despise.

I also realize you have been to the dealer (not your purchasing one) once already, & they should have checked that. We all seem to be in agreement, however, mechanic shops at dealership aren't always spectacular about service.

If nothing else, I would pull the yellow fuse box completely out. Inspect the fuses and really make sure it gets shoved completely in. It takes quite a shove to push it in. If it's really seated in, it may be a bite hard to pull back out. If not, I would really suspect it may not be in all the way.

It's worth double checking in my opinion.

For those new to this radio issue, this is a thread on it. The yellow fuse box is shown in post #5.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...for-loose-fuse

I am also making the assumption the yellow box can be pulled out completely. That I don't know for sure?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-19-2022)

What's the current status, if I may ask.

Any updates on this, @Dirk?

(My previous generation MGN system still has some stupid issues, even after the reset, but only with the built-in navigation system. Still convinced it are software issues on my end)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    What's the current status, if I may ask.

Any updates on this, @Dirk?

(My previous generation MGN system still has some stupid issues, even after the reset, but only with the built-in navigation system. Still convinced it are software issues on my end)
    Nothing to report, it's on and working but with weird things happening all the time like 2 voices giving voice navigation directions.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Update, back to not powering on. I suppose it's another 40 min trip to the Mitsu dealer, to have them tell me it's my USB cord again. Last time I took their advice and only used an OEM Samsung USB cord. It made no difference.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Good luck again, Mitsubishi dealership network is not convenient for many people. Like what people said about Saab.

Inconvenient to make a trip to my "local" dealership, 40 minutes drive. Then I end up buying other stuff just because I'm in the city.

I deal with my original mechanic now. I wouldn't be surprised if they could get your stereo going, or at least point you in the right direction. In Canada unfortunately! I have gone other places along the way if some tires are on sale etc. but overall I do get my regular maintenance done by a reputable garage. Had a great restaurant next door to wait around for your car that was open since the mid 1940s, but closed unfortunately due to the pandemic.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-23-2022)

Well, that settles it. I'm never replacing my car....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (04-23-2022)