Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: My brand new touchscreen isn't powering on?

Wow, that seriously sucks...

My MGN system developed the same symptoms as a few weeks ago, its navigation system stopped giving voice instructions out of the blue.

I sent my dealer one WhatsApp message and promptly got a reply that they ordered a replacement unit under warranty.

So nothing to complain from this part of the ocean (but of course I have a new car on order and they'll have to sell my current car one day, so maybe that helps...).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vintzend For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (04-23-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Well, that settles it. I'm never replacing my car....
    Keep your radio, mine sucks.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Well I took it in this morning and explained how in the past 2 weeks my touchscreen wouldn't power on a couple of times. They looked at it and said I wasn't throwing any codes and that they noticed I was using an aftermarket USB cord to plug my Samsung 21 into. They said to only use a Samsung USB cord in the future? The cord I was using was a top of the line "Native Union" cord that was expensive and highly rated as a replacement cord. I can't see how this could of been the issue. They didn't even bother to pull the radio out to check if any wires were loose I bet because my car was hardly any the shop for more that 30 mins.

Does their answer sound plausible to anyone here? I think its bull****. I haven't had an issue of no power in 4 days still using my Native Union cord, so I'll wait to see if the issue happens again and then switch to my old Samsung cord to see if that helps even though I know damn well my expensive cord is made with much better materials and transfers data to my touch screen better than my Samsung cord.

I miss my simple AUX jack and radio so much, ZERO issues with that. If this continues to be an issue I'm going to see about either getting a new head unit or finding a used OEM Mirage radio from years before.

This service center did the bare minimum and told me to just come back if it happens again. I drove 40 miles round trip, for this? Folks hold onto your basic radio set ups, its the most reliable and there's nothing that Android Auto can do that a phone mount and AUX can't. Waste of time!!!!!
    Got you out of their shop didn't it? It is an intermittent issue. They could care less. Mo' money elsewhere. You gone; NEXT!
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If I may be so bold....you said the USB outlet lost power when the radio went out or failed to turn on, is this correct? I would suspect the radio and USB power are on the same circuit then. Lemme go look at my book....be right back..

See what you mean about the owner's manual being...vague!

One of two possibilities:
    1. Radio and USB on same circuit or radio supplies USB
    2. Radio and USB are on separate circuits but they not telling us which circuit USB located.

Recommend you test by putting something on the USB that will show it is receiving power. Then turn the key on to see if both radio and USB device turn on. THEN pull the yellow thingy fuse and see what happens. And tell about it and we go from there.
    Karl

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    If I may be so bold....you said the USB outlet lost power when the radio went out or failed to turn on, is this correct? I would suspect the radio and USB power are on the same circuit then. Lemme go look at my book....be right back..

See what you mean about the owner's manual being...vague!

One of two possibilities:
    1. Radio and USB on same circuit or radio supplies USB
    2. Radio and USB are on separate circuits but they not telling us which circuit USB located.

Recommend you test by putting something on the USB that will show it is receiving power. Then turn the key on to see if both radio and USB device turn on. THEN pull the yellow thingy fuse and see what happens. And tell about it and we go from there.
    I will, and post results later today, thank you! As of now it's mysteriously working again when I checked it. I'm getting help from a knowledgeable friend in electronics today. I'll post a full report.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I will, and post results later today, thank you! As of now it's mysteriously working again when I checked it. I'm getting help from a knowledgeable friend in electronics today. I'll post a full report.
    We figured it out in 2 minutes what a Mitsu service tech couldn't after an hour and then blame it on my cord.

I pointed in the direction of the interior fuse box with the yellow square box inside and my friend immediately noticed the fuses pushed themselves out due to thermal expansion from our rotating hot and cold local weather. He simply pushed them back in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-23-2022)

Ummm, wasn't that mentioned earlier, and didn't you check that already?

That yellow fuse holder is supposed to be part of the pdi, and they usually do a craptastic job that's why it's such a common problem. At least that was my understanding.

Glad you got it fingered out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Basic (04-26-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Ummm, wasn't that mentioned earlier, and didn't you check that already?

That yellow fuse holder is supposed to be part of the pdi, and they usually do a craptastic job that's why it's such a common problem. At least that was my understanding.

The yellow fuse holder was fit in there just fine, it was the fuses that was popped a third the way out. I was told if you get weird hot/cold weather it happens all the time. Thermal expansion? I dunno, you know more about it than I do.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

mohammad (04-24-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hoooorrraayyy! Superior technology wins a-.....COMMON SENSE wins again!

Glad to hear! Dealer tech wasted your time, dint he!
    Karl

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CROSSBOLT For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-23-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    I enjoy fingering things out. But Dirk, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again. I of course hope it does not.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)