Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My brand new touchscreen isn't powering on?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

My brand new touchscreen isn't powering on?

Well, here I am with a brand new Mirage and my touchscreen isn't working correctly. It's the OEM 7" Pioneer screen with the one knob on the left, not the previous 2 knob head unit.

I started my car and the screen is off completely. No back up camera, nothing. I waited an hour went back and now it's working. This happened once previously when I was backing up and the rear camera just went dark.

I'm hoping this is covered under warranty.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think this maybe relevant to you. the dealer is suppose to install the radio fuse during PDI(pre delivery inspection) because the radio may run down the battery. sometimes they dont push them in all the way...

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...se-fuse-insert
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (04-23-2022),Dirk Diggler (02-25-2022)

I'd check what Mohammad said. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post26069
    Pop off the fuse panel access cover and take a look at the fuse box. Push hard on the yellow fuse cover thing. This is something that is supposed to be done by the dealer during pdi I believe so there's a pretty good chance of it being done sloppily. If it's not seated properly it will cause radio to go glitchy or just not work. If that doesn't fix it sell it and buy beer. Or weed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanks Mohammad, I went out to see if I needed to push the yellow fuse holder in but there was no play at all. It felt firmly secure in there. The unit is working just fine right now but 2 hours no power at all, even while driving around.

I looked in the owners manual for the touchscreen fuse to check it, but it was clear to me which fuse it was? The fuse map wasn't clear, which fuse controls the touchscreen. Is it the fuse marked with a music symbol or the fuse with the touch symbol? Weird.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'd check what Mohammad said. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post26069
    Pop off the fuse panel access cover and take a look at the fuse box. Push hard on the yellow fuse cover thing. This is something that is supposed to be done by the dealer during pdi I believe so there's a pretty good chance of it being done sloppily. If it's not seated properly it will cause radio to go glitchy or just not work. If that doesn't fix it sell it and buy beer. Or weed.
    I gave it a light push, I'll go back and see if I should push in harder. Hold on.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Yeah I pushed it but no play. I got an appointment at a Mitsu service center (pray for me) lol. It's covered under warranty. I'm sure because the issue is sporadic, they won't find anything wrong. I'll have to film it.

I'm surprised though, Pioneer is a pretty good company and not cheap either. I miss my old Mirage radio!!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    You could always try swapping two fuses around to see if that helps. Otherwise maybe you could plug something with a light into the USB port to determine if the radio is loosing power or if the screens just messed up.

Alternatively maybe disconnect anything you have plugged in. Jank design circuits sometimes use a self resetting “poly fuse” that will auto reset after a few minutes/hours. This used to be a problem with the raspberry pi. People would plug in high power devices such as a hard drive then when they tried to read files off it the hard drive would try to spin faster and this would set off the poly fuse for the entire device. I doubt something as expensive as a head unit would use a jank circuit design like this tho

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-26-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    You could always try swapping two fuses around to see if that helps. Otherwise maybe you could plug something with a light into the USB port to determine if the radio is loosing power or if the screens just messed up.

Alternatively maybe disconnect anything you have plugged in. Jank design circuits sometimes use a self resetting “poly fuse” that will auto reset after a few minutes/hours. This used to be a problem with the raspberry pi. People would plug in high power devices such as a hard drive then when they tried to read files off it the hard drive would try to spin faster and this would set off the poly fuse for the entire device. I doubt something as expensive as a head unit would use a jank circuit design like this tho
    When I talked to the service center manager at the dealer, he said that he's seen some issues last year with that particular Pioneer model, so I'll post updates how it goes. My appointment is March 1st. It was working perfectly later this evening when I drove my parents to a restaurant so we'll see. Thank you for your advice, it is appreciated!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

mohammad (02-26-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Well it worked perfectly fine all day today. Let's see how it does on my 5 hour roadtrip home tomorrow.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Well it worked perfectly fine all day today. Let's see how it does on my 5 hour roadtrip home tomorrow.
    I would like to take all the credit here. If you'd like instead of stressing about it we can always trade head units

maybe you should focus on making the problem worse so the dealers will find it faster?

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos