Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Mirage hatchback ES 5MT first impression

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think it is quieter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)

Good to hear! My 15 is especially noisy on the highway. Conversation requires raising our voices. I'm usually driving alone and or with Bluetooth earbuds on so it hasn't really been a deal breaker. I wouldn't mind a quieter Mirage cabin, just saying. The 2022 being a newer rendition, i would expect it to be more quiet.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    I'm usually driving alone and or with Bluetooth earbuds on...
    Hello Mr. Scofflaw. That's again the law! Law breaker! I'm tellin' on my mama!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (04-20-2022)

I always see truckers wearing their Bluetooths (headsets). My earbuds don't even have noise cancellation.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    I always see truckers wearing their Bluetooths (headsets). My earbuds don't even have noise cancellation.
    I have my CDL. Truckers wear headsets, because hand held phones are illegal. You are allow to push one button once to receive or make a call, & that is it.

"Penalties can be up to $2,750 for drivers and up to $11,000 for employers who allow or require drivers to use a hand-held communications device while driving. it requires the driver to reach for and dial the phone to make a call."

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    David - The headsets that truckers wear, well, the ones they are supposed to wear, keeps one ear free. I believe that is legal. They're posa keep their left ear uncovered. I'm sure they don't all adhere to that.

And trucks, at least those in the past, are very noisy. They listen to music, take calls, probably dispatch, and talk on the "CB" via the headphones. Nowadays they talk on the "CB" via an app on their smartphone. Not the same as true Citizen's Band (local), it is connected, so they can even talk to folk overseas. An interesting app.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Software Engineer
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm glad you like the new Mirage. I honestly would love to get some of those upgrades, especially the safety-related improvements. I have a 2015 ES. Love it! Drive it just about daily.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 51.7 mpg (US) ... 22.0 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 62.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    MetroMPG - As best as you know, are the Insight Wheels the lightest 14" wheels available? That and even skinnier tires would be interesting ... I'm interested in a bit less meat lol.
    I don't think they're the absolute lightest OEM 14's available. If you were up for some googling, I'd compare specs for: a 90's Civic HX vs. 1st gen Insight vs. a early 90's Miata rim. (All 14")

But the Insight rim is definitely the most aerodynamic. In terms of best MPG, that outweighs (ha) the small weight penalty, if there is one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How is it known those wheels are the most aerodynamic?