Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi dealers hope more alliance developed vehicles (Mirage is being mentioned)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Uh huh. And how do you explain the last name? I wouldn't buy a Mirage from a guy called Chuck Pol Pot!

Lol I kid.
    He probably didn't pick his last name, but I am glad my parents didn't name me Judas!

Since he's Richard Herrod III, there must have been two before him, too!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-13-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    He probably didn't pick his last name, but I am glad my parents didn't name me Judas!

Since he's Richard Herrod III, there must have been two before him, too!
    Ole Dicky Herod the 1st. Sounds like roguish ******* indeed.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Well, all that is real nice, King Herod. Does this mean the next Mitsu product I buy the dealer will actually answer questions? Does it mean the dealer will actually KNOW anything about his product? I know some dealers are better than others but I would expect at least they would know where to find answers. I don't know everything and have to say so from time to time. That's why I find forums. At the very least on a forum, someone will either know the answer or know where to look and I don't generally expect getting a pantload just to get rid of me.
    Karl

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Am I the only one who doesn't like the new Outlander sharing a platform with Nissan? Seems like the more something shares parts with Nissan the less reliable. I really liked the previous gen.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't like the new Outlander sharing a platform with Nissan? Seems like the more something shares parts with Nissan the less reliable. I really liked the previous gen.
    No, you are not the only one.

If Mitsubishi vehicles become rebadged Nissan & Renault products, I would have zero interest in them.

I don't equate Nissan with quality. Not saying that can't change, but I have no reason to believe it has.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-13-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I recently drove the new Outlander. It's definitely a Nissan through and through. I personally wouldn't buy one and I didn't like. Nissans of modern times may seem nice when they are new but they sure don't seem to wear so well. I'll personally run my 2017 Outlander GT V6 into the ground and will be sad when it finally goes because I really love it.

Also, speaking of white bear, the glory days of getting Mirages cheap are gone for good. Pretty much MSRP all day every day, now. Max Madsen closer to me is also MSRP city. Makes me wish I didn't sell all mine off because there's no way in hell to justify spending almost $19,000 on a G4 when a Corolla is $20,000.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    …because there's no way in hell to justify spending almost $19,000 on a G4 when a Corolla is $20,000.
    Well the Corolla cannot even be had for sub $22k OTD nowadays unfortunately. It won’t happen. Same thing for Ford Maverick, Civic, and Sentra. It’s sad but incomparable to the G4, even more so with the manuals. The G4/HB MT is the best trim for the $ if MSRP or a hair below permits. It’s even pathetic that even Nissan Versa S MT is already more expensive than the G4.

MSRP on every brand new car keeps increasing every year and It doesn’t help that wages haven’t been keeping up with inflation. Sub $15k MSRP is becoming extinct.
    Last edited by defensivetackle88; 03-13-2022 at 06:07 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I recently drove the new Outlander. It's definitely a Nissan through and through. I personally wouldn't buy one and I didn't like. Nissans of modern times may seem nice when they are new but they sure don't seem to wear so well. I'll personally run my 2017 Outlander GT V6 into the ground and will be sad when it finally goes because I really love it.

Also, speaking of white bear, the glory days of getting Mirages cheap are gone for good. Pretty much MSRP all day every day, now. Max Madsen closer to me is also MSRP city. Makes me wish I didn't sell all mine off because there's no way in hell to justify spending almost $19,000 on a G4 when a Corolla is $20,000.

A 2020 Honda Fit LX CVT (128 hp) was only $1,501 more than 2020 Mirage ES CVT (78 hp) once you added in destination charges and whatever. It was the huge discounts that made the Mirage so attractive in the past. Now it's the lack of competition that makes the Mirage somewhat attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    No, you are not the only one.

If Mitsubishi vehicles become rebadged Nissan & Renault products, I would have zero interest in them.
    I believe only Europe will rebadged cars (from Renault). From what I have read, it seems that for other continents, Mitsubishi will still build their own cars around Nissan's platforms, for the time being. But I may not be up to date on non-Europe plans.

Mitsubishi is a relatively small car manufacturer with worldwide sale figures that are far from impressive (at least in US, Europe, Australia, etc.). I believe sharing technology with alliance partners is their only possible way to survive. Maybe they can take some role in co-designing platforms in the future, who knows.

I'm also not against the Renault rebadging thing in Europe. EU safety laws are so strict, you can hardly blame a small car manufacturer for retreating. Also, you also can't blame Renault that they force Mitsubishi's versions of cars to be built on exactly the same assembly line as the original Renault versions, next to each other. That of course greatly limits what can be done, from a design POV.

If I'd had to choose between the demise of Mitsubishi in Europe, or a new try with rebadged popular Renault cars, I'd choose the latter. I hope they'll get a successor for the Space Star with the Clio (replacement is a big word, I'd expect it to be a few thousand euro more expensive than the Space Star, perhaps more Colt-like), which is a lovely car IMO. I'd be a potential customer if a Mitsubsihi'd Clio would happen.

I like supporting underdog brands. Renault Clio's are everywhere on Dutch roads and parking places. I'd gladly will drive one with the Mitsubishi badge

I fear the second car provided by Renault, will be another boring SUV though.
    Last edited by vintzend; 03-13-2022 at 09:45 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    I believe only Europe will rebadged cars (from Renault). From what I have read, it seems that for other continents, Mitsubishi will still build their own cars around Nissan's platforms, for the time being. But I may not be up to date on non-Europe plans.

Mitsubishi is a relatively small car manufacturer with worldwide sale figures that are far from impressive (at least in US, Europe, Australia, etc.). I believe sharing technology with alliance partners is their only possible way to survive. Maybe they can take some role in co-designing platforms in the future, who knows.

I'm also not against the Renault rebadging thing in Europe. EU safety laws are so strict, you can hardly blame a small car manufacturer for retreating. Also, you also can't blame Renault that they force Mitsubishi's versions of cars to be built on exactly the same assembly line as the original Renault versions, next to each other. That of course greatly limits what can be done, from a design POV.

If I'd had to choose between the demise of Mitsubishi in Europe, or a new try with rebadged popular Renault cars, I'd choose the latter. I hope they'll get a successor for the Space Star with the Clio (replacement is a big word, I'd expect it to be a few thousand euro more expensive than the Space Star, perhaps more Colt-like), which is a lovely car IMO. I'd be a potential customer if a Mitsubsihi'd Clio would happen.

I like supporting underdog brands. Renault Clio's are everywhere on Dutch roads and parking places. I'd gladly will drive one with the Mitsubishi badge

I fear the second car provided by Renault, will be another boring SUV though.

The Mitsubishi Triton is the second best selling pickup truck in Australia (behind the Toyota Hilux). The Alliance is taking the 2nd best selling truck in Australia & making it a lower selling Nissan with their new models. That's stupid!

https://autoexpert.com.au/posts/what...ce-with-navara

If there is something positive coming out of this Alliance, I haven't seen any signs of it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-14-2022)