Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mitsubishi dealers hope more alliance developed vehicles (Mirage is being mentioned)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Mitsubishi Triton is the second best selling pickup truck in Australia (behind the Toyota Hilux). The Alliance is taking the 2nd best selling truck in Australia & making it a lower selling Nissan with their new models. That's stupid!

https://autoexpert.com.au/posts/what...ce-with-navara

If there is something positive coming out of this Alliance, I haven't seen any signs of it.
    Is the Navara the same as the Frontier? I'd drive a Frontier, that's an underrated truck IMO. I'd love a Mitsubishi version too for the warranty and Mitsubishi AWC, which is just as good as Subaru IMO.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Is the Navara the same as the Frontier? I'd drive a Frontier, that's an underrated truck IMO. I'd love a Mitsubishi version too for the warranty and Mitsubishi AWC, which is just as good as Subaru IMO.
    No, it's a different vehicle. The Triton is well loved in Australia due to it being tough, reliable as a Toyota without having to pay the "Toyota Tax". I watch one Australian youtube channel that is a large automatic transmission shop. They use Tritons for their service vehicles. Tritons already have come from the factory with a external transmission cooler and they just did a video on how to install a massive upgraded cooler. Literally a 20 minute job compared to other vehicles where they have to disassemble the entire front end to install a cooler.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    No, it's a different vehicle. The Triton is well loved in Australia due to it being tough, reliable as a Toyota without having to pay the "Toyota Tax". I watch one Australian youtube channel that is a large automatic transmission shop. They use Tritons for their service vehicles. Tritons already have come from the factory with a external transmission cooler and they just did a video on how to install a massive upgraded cooler. Literally a 20 minute job compared to other vehicles where they have to disassemble the entire front end to install a cooler.

The Alliance is taking the 2nd best selling truck in Australia & using a rebadged 6th place truck to replace it. I don't see the wisdom in that, because Australians are buying Mitsubishi trucks there for reasons you just shared.

All signs point to the Alliance killing off Mitsubishi. The brand name may still exist, but I question if the brand will exist.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for posting the whole article!