Thread: Bumper Clips

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Bumper Clips

Hi all. I have a 2020 ES.Hatchback. Recently I had the front bumper repainted, they removed the bumper in order to paint. Yesterday I was under the car and I noticed that there are push clips in the back of the bottom bumper underneath that secure the back of the bumper cover to the cars frame. There are some big push clips that are secure but I also noticed that there are very tiny clips I think 2 or 3 that are striped and just hanging there secured to nothing.I am wondering if there is some part of the bumper that these tiny push clips are supposed to clip into that are missing when they put back the bumper. Anyone know what these tiny push clips are supposed to be secured to ? I see nothing above the hanging clips that I can push them into only a large hole in the metal frame. Wondering if there are maybe rubber grommets missing on the frame that these tiny clips might go into.

The bottom of the bumper cover has 2 12mm bolts that bolt to the corners of the rad support and there are a bunch of plastic clip things that hold the cover the the rad support and to the inner fenders. Post a pic

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Attachment 23059 This pic is mostly correct but misses the 2 12mm bolts on the bottom.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-14-2022),mohammad (03-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Will post pix. tomorrow. storm going on today.
    Last edited by midengine; 03-12-2022 at 07:09 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is a photo of the driver side, edge of bumper cover by wheel. You can see the 1 larger clip and then there are 2 small ones just hanging down. therName:  20220313_124147.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  75.1 KBe is nothing above the bumper cover for these 2 clips to go into just a large hole above them into the metal frame. Any idea where these clips go. even thought they are not fastened to anything I see that they are spent.

Are both sides like that? There should be little rubber air dam looking pieces on both outer ends of the bumper. They’re held on by those rivets you see. They get torn off by hitting parking curbs and potholes.
    Attachment 23068Attachment 23069Attachment 23070

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (03-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think you hit the nail on the head. The drivers side is missing that rubber air dam. That is probably what the hanging clips went to..I should have figured that out..Thanks so much for the info really appreciate it. I guess I will try to order the dam and replace it.. Hopefully they will sell just the dam.Again thanks..
    Last edited by midengine; 03-14-2022 at 01:33 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    To anyone looking to replace the Air Dams, if you use Mitsubishi OEM hardware for installing the dam you will need a Rivet Gun to replace the dam.