Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Dutch trim levels revealed (probably)

New Dutch trim levels revealed (probably)

I really don't understand when Mitsubishi update their trim levels, but according to Dutch car magazine "Autoweek", the following new trim levels are the available choices when buying a new Space Star over here now:

Disclaimer: take it with a grain of salt, it's not on Mitsubishi's site yet and have not seen any other source.

• 1.2 Entry (manual only, from 13.180 EUR)
    • 1.2 Connect+ (manual only, from 15.180 EUR)
    • 1.2 Dynamic (manual from 16.680 EUR / automatic from 18.680 EUR)
    • 1.2 Instyle (manual from 18.680 EUR / automatic from 20.680 EUR)

The "big news" would be that the highest trim level, Instyle, is now also available with manual transmission. That has not been the case for as long as I know about the Space Star (which isn't that long, 2018-ish) AFAIK.

Would this be the new 2022 trim levels or the 2023 trim levels already? I really don't know. With the long waiting times, I'd guess the latter?

Source: https://www.autoweek.nl/nieuwe-autos/mitsubishi/ (with filters: Merk: Mitsubishi, Model: Space Star, Categorie: nieuwe auto's)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vintzend For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-09-2022),Top_Fuel (03-14-2022)

I have an appointment with my dealer next week, to let them take a look at my crashing navigation system that's still under warranty.

I'll ask them about those trim levels, if I get a chance to speak to a sales person.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Maaaan. They are giving you Dutch more manual trans options and taking them away from us Yanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    I really don't understand when Mitsubishi update their trim levels, but according to Dutch car magazine "Autoweek", the following new trim levels are the available choices when buying a new Space Star over here now:

Disclaimer: take it with a grain of salt, it's not on Mitsubishi's site yet and have not seen any other source.

• 1.2 Entry (manual only, from 13.180 EUR)
    • 1.2 Connect+ (manual only, from 15.180 EUR)
    • 1.2 Dynamic (manual from 16.680 EUR / automatic from 18.680 EUR)
    • 1.2 Instyle (manual from 18.680 EUR / automatic from 20.680 EUR)

The "big news" would be that the highest trim level, Instyle, is now also available with manual transmission. That has not been the case for as long as I know about the Space Star (which isn't that long, 2018-ish) AFAIK.

Would this be the new 2022 trim levels or the 2023 trim levels already? I really don't know. With the long waiting times, I'd guess the latter?

Source: https://www.autoweek.nl/nieuwe-autos/mitsubishi/ (with filters: Merk: Mitsubishi, Model: Space Star, Categorie: nieuwe auto's)
    current site for those interested -

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.nl/modellen/space-star

Except for the prices, the original post was spot-on, I noticed they updated the website and configurator with the new trim levels.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.nl/modellen/space-star

But the prices.... Entry level was bumped from quoted 13.000 to 14.990 euros!
    That's insane (but undoubtedly the economy and Dutch tax department is mostly to blame)

Top trim level now costs 21.990 euros with CVT, and I believe for the very first time, now also available with manual, for 19.990 euros.

Interestingly, no mention anymore of any additional safety feature like Lane Assist and Forward Collision Mitigation System, they so heavily advertised in 2022 (but was only available on the top trim level, that virtually nobody buys AFAIK).

When I ordered my top trim level one (and I was told I'd get the 2023 model), I was told the only change would be the addition of the automatically dimming rear view mirror.

Do you have any info on the proportion of actual sales of manual vs. CVT?

The company doesn't usually release that info in North America, but best as we were able to determine, it used to be around 15% manual. That was 5 or 6 years ago ... it's surely lower now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

vintzend (06-09-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If they offer the top level trim with a manual here, I would try to find a way to buy one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,008 Posts
    If they offered a trim level called "Nothing Included But A/C and Cruise," I would be interested in buying it. The NIBANC model. 5 speed ONLY. Or even better, a 6 speed with 4th "gear" 1:1 (meaning, it wouldn't need a cog, so very close to the same cost as our 5 speeds), and double overdrive.

Perhaps power windows except the driver window can be manual. But, I could live with 4 manual roll down windows. Pull out the old manual HVAC tools and start producing them again. What an interesting model...

No radio. No carpet, metal floors? No rear wiper. Hmmmm. Oh well, we can dream I guess.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Do you have any info on the proportion of actual sales of manual vs. CVT?

The company doesn't usually release that info in North America, but best as we were able to determine, it used to be around 15% manual. That was 5 or 6 years ago ... it's surely lower now.
    I have not seen exact numbers yet, but I bet this gives an indication: (from a Dutch newspaper article back from December, translated by Google Translate)

For the first time in second-hand cars, the automatic gearbox is more popular than a manual gearbox. Data from the occasion platform Gasmetaal.nl shows that this year there has not been a single month in which the manual transmission car was more popular.
    Link to original Dutch article

13. The Following User Says Thank You to vintzend For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-11-2022)