Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article about the Mirage from Jalopik - 3/14/22

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    10 years ago I never thought I'd ever be on this side of the fence. Driving one of the least masculine, cheap, slow, low-powered, ridiculously fuel-efficient, reliable cars that is on the market.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As long as my mirage is wearing the bottle caps or enkei wheels, IMO, my car looks good. Does it have Porsche or pony car proportions? Of course not. But I like it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Mitsubishi could be selling boat loads of these vehicles if they marketed them better.
    Meh... I get what you are implying, but A)they don't have boatloads and B)they are selling every one they have for sticker plus...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Cute article and so true! I wish Mitsubishi had a bigger network or more of a marketing budget. They would clean up at car shows in this gas-strapped cash-strapped market!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Trolls :)

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    The article is good. The comment section is still filled with adolescents who think hp makes their pee pee look bigger.
    The internet was made for trolls lol

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Did I mention I have a much tighter turning radius than the Chevy Spark or Kia Rio. Well... I do. No struggling to park my cute little derrière.
    This is such a big deal and people don't realize it. Whenever I borrow my brother's 2004 Honda Jazz (Fit for all you American folks), I feel like I'm suddenly driving a limo lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    The article is good. The comment section is still filled with adolescents who think hp makes their pee pee look bigger.
    There's more than one reason to own a Mirage besides the fuel economy. A chick sees a guy get out of a little Mirage, she's got to be thinking, "That's a man confident with himself, his p#nis could probably block out the sun." Call the Mitsu advertising division, we just came up with a new slogan.

Dodge Ram's new slogan; "Dodge Ram, it might not make your d%ck bigger but it'll make you into a bigger d@ck!"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Wil B (03-18-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    10 years ago I never thought I'd ever be on this side of the fence. Driving one of the least masculine, cheap, slow, low-powered, ridiculously fuel-efficient, reliable cars that is on the market. Thank jebus that I grew out the "imports are all junk that will burn oil and rust away shortly after warranty is up" mentality. That is obviously not the case, at least not for this sadly misunderstood turdmobile.

I get that it's a dorkmobile I couldn't care less. If you care what people think of you then you need to drive one of these things for two weeks. You'll stop caring. I haven't showered in 2 months, and sometimes I swear at random strangers for no reason...Everyone should try it.
    I think I lost where I was going there.
    I think it's cool as hell you got a Mirage. What's even cooler is you are a perfect example of someone who uses a truck for its intended purpose, hauling heavy machinery, fighting against harsh road conditions, work related stuff. In other words, you're not a poser with an office job in accounting, driving a pavement princess Ford Raptor that's never hauled anything, or towed anything. It's all for show. In Texas, there's a saying for wannabe/posers, "You're all cowboy hat and no cattle." Lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    In other words, you're not a poser with an office job in accounting, driving a pavement princess Ford Raptor that's never hauled anything, or towed anything. It's all for show. In Texas, there's a saying for wannabe/posers, "You're all cowboy hat and no cattle." Lol
    Hey! Quit making fun of me!

I actually used my Dodge Ram for lots of truck stuff. Pulling my 5th wheel camper, towing my 24' enclosed trailer. But lately all it has really done is haul around BMX stuff. At $5 a gallon, its flat spotting its tires in the driveway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    There's more than one reason to own a Mirage besides the fuel economy.
    That's absolutely correct. If it were an mpg only decision, many hybrids would be a better choice. The main reason is T.C.O. Total Cost of Ownership. The whole experience of the Mirage is about motivating on the "cheap." Very low T.C.O.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-17-2022)

I'm gonna have to plan a lot differently this summer. Last year was kinda tough with relatively low fuel prices. Now I'll either leave my trailer and maybe truck at a buddies acreage 1/2 way to our favorite spot or maybe just leave the entire works in the bush for a week or two at a time.

If I end up moving my folks this summer from bc I'll be bringing along a 55 gallon drum o' diesel with me. With the way fuel prices are between here and there I'd save $150 for a round trip by bringing my own fuel. I can get used oil drums for free, I'd just need a derogatory-term express card(siphon hose) and I'm good to go.

Last edited by Fummins; 03-17-2022 at 09:30 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)