Thread: Swap climate control panel

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Swap climate control panel

I just bought a mirage and it has the three knobs for the climate control but I have been seeing on the internet that there is an original digital climate control panel for the mirage, but I have the one with three knobs, can you change the one with three knobs for digital?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oarred0405 View Post
    I just bought a mirage and it has the three knobs for the climate control but I have been seeing on the internet that there is an original digital climate control panel for the mirage, but I have the one with three knobs, can you change the one with three knobs for digital?
    The 2017-19 ES and 2018-19 LE has manual climate controls. Everything else 2014-2022 has auto climate controls in the States.

I HATE auto climate controls. I would pay extra to have the three knobs. I LOVE manual transmissions and manual climate controls.

To each their own, however!

I don't think it's an easy switch at all, & most have brought up doing the opposite (wanting/preferring the knobs).

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    on 3 knobs the flaps is controlled by cable while the digital has actuators to open the flaps, its not an easy swap.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-17-2022),mohammad (03-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by oarred0405 View Post
    can you change the one with three knobs for digital?
    Anything is possible. If you’re expecting to just swap out the heater control then the answer is no. It’d be easier to switch cars.

I don’t know if any of the wiring harness from manual to fancy controls are the same. Assume they’re not, so change the under dash wiring harness, heater box and maybe a module or two then likely have them programmed to the car and you might be good to go.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    I'd take your 3 knob any day over this bullcrap "auto" climate control pushbutton nightmare. Be happy with what you have.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Just to pile on to what others are saying...

Can I swap auto climate control panel for manual controls?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-17-2022)