Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirage Ralliart

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    This is a slap in the face to Raillart really. It's decals and gaudy mud flaps. No performance boost at all. Would a turbo really screw the 3A92 up?
    i dont think ralliart would touch the 3A92, because the mirage R5 develop by ralliart sweden is a de-stroked 4B11, for now we can just be contented with those mudflaps..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-19-2022),Fummins (03-24-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If Mitsubishi didn't offer the same power train warranty for a turbo vehicle, that would be a big red flag to consumers.
    The EVO was sold new with a shorter power train warranty (5 years), than the rest of the Mitsu lineup (10 years). Just something I noticed flipping through the brochures back in 2014 the day I bought my car.

Not sure why this was the case, probably something to do with people who buy premium cars like that wouldn't be concerned with costs the same as me? I think that small electric vehicle Mitsu had back then was also a shorter warranty. Does make you suspicious lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I think that small electric vehicle Mitsu had back then was also a shorter warranty. Does make you suspicious lol
    your right yeah, the electric i-miev had a 5 year powertrain warranty and an 8 year battery warranty
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    your right yeah, the electric i-miev had a 5 year powertrain warranty and an 8 year battery warranty
    Really? Not the other way around? Electric engines have matured for ages, and are very reliable. The battery technology in the i-miev was relatively new, and no one knew how long they would survive Canadian winters.
    On the other hand, the buyers didn't know that either, and maybe wouldn't dare to buy a car from which the manufacturer doesn't dare to guarantee the most expensive component to last for more than 5 years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    The EVO was sold new with a shorter power train warranty (5 years), than the rest of the Mitsu lineup (10 years). Just something I noticed flipping through the brochures back in 2014 the day I bought my car.

Not sure why this was the case, probably something to do with people who buy premium cars like that wouldn't be concerned with costs the same as me? I think that small electric vehicle Mitsu had back then was also a shorter warranty. Does make you suspicious lol
    The Evo had a 7 year when introduced in 2003. When i bought my 04 it came with the 10 yr / 100,000 mile. That was reduced again and dropped to 5 yr when the 4G63 was replaced by the 4B11.
    Didn't really matter since mine has 21K miles now and was modified like most.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Those EVOs are pretty rare in my part of Canada. There is a white one near my work, I haven't seen it lately but I haven't been hanging around the smoking area for a couple years, either, so no more car watching. Anyways always loved that car.

Maybe they should make an all electric Mirage with the same features and design, just different engine. And offer the 1.5 engine as a performance trim for those who want performance and the chance to row their own gears.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

(Whenever I edit a post to fix typos, on my phone, I end up deleting it... Take #2... )

The Mirage Ralliart is hated by many people in my country, it seems. A popular local car blog called it "the saddest Mitsubishi you could buy today, tomorrow and probably the next day". They made fun of the fact that the biggest news on this variant are new stickers and some new plastic parts.

I also saw a lot of negative comments on the Dutch Mitsubishi Owners Facebook group, but the Space Star was never really a favorite car over there, I believe.

All in all, not really that surprising.

So we know anything on the price (in Thailand) compared to the regular models?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    (Whenever I edit a post to fix typos, on my phone, I end up deleting it... Take #2... )

The Mirage Ralliart is hated by many people in my country, it seems. A popular local car blog called it "the saddest Mitsubishi you could buy today, tomorrow and probably the next day". They made fun of the fact that the biggest news on this variant are new stickers and some new plastic parts.

I also saw a lot of negative comments on the Dutch Mitsubishi Owners Facebook group, but the Space Star was never really a favorite car over there, I believe.

All in all, not really that surprising.

So we know anything on the price (in Thailand) compared to the regular models?
    Ralliart is going on the opposite direction before ralliart badge car looks like a regular car but tuned and equipped with turbo, now it looks fast but runs like a regular car. lol i miss the time when they can afford to make it, the lancer ralliart looks like a regular lancer but with turbo and evo 10 drive train its a sleeper car i love that car because it looks slow but underneath its a evo 10 little brother.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    Ralliart is going on the opposite direction before ralliart badge car looks like a regular car but tuned and equipped with turbo, now it looks fast but runs like a regular car. lol i miss the time when they can afford to make it, the lancer ralliart looks like a regular lancer but with turbo and evo 10 drive train its a sleeper car i love that car because it looks slow but underneath its a evo 10 little brother.
    The American market could use the new 1.5L turbo in the Eclipse and drop it into a Mirage engine bay.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    Really? Not the other way around? Electric engines have matured for ages, and are very reliable. The battery technology in the i-miev was relatively new, and no one knew how long they would survive Canadian winters.
    On the other hand, the buyers didn't know that either, and maybe wouldn't dare to buy a car from which the manufacturer doesn't dare to guarantee the most expensive component to last for more than 5 years.
    Seems like it was 8 years warranty. Maybe not in the north. Also found owner posts where Misubishi extended it to 10 years later on.

Attached Images Attached Images