Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirage Ralliart

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    There was a dealer in the States offering a 20 year warranty on any new 2022 Mitsubishi Mirage purchase.

Not sure what dealer, Mark posted a video reviewing a Mirage, then the next video had a review/promo upselling thing re: the 20 year warranty. Feels gimmicky considering Mitsubishi dealer network has a bit of a fly-by-night reputation at least in my area, where my own local dealer is now on the 3rd owner since I bought my own Mirage 8 years ago. Will they honour that extended warranty?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

https://www.antwerpenmitsubishi.com/...mile-warranty/

Who backs The Antwerpen YES! 20-Year / 200,000 Mile Warranty?

The Antwerpen YES! 20-Year / 200,000 Mile Warranty is backed by Zurich Insurance Company. Zurich is one of the largest insurance companies in the world and the largest automotive dealer insurance provider. The company can trace its roots in the U.S. automotive industry back to 1922, with the founding of the Universal Underwriters Insurance Company. It’s an A+ rated company.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    There was a dealer in the States offering a 20 year warranty on any new 2022 Mitsubishi Mirage purchase.

Not sure what dealer, Mark posted a video reviewing a Mirage, then the next video had a review/promo upselling thing re: the 20 year warranty. Feels gimmicky considering Mitsubishi dealer network has a bit of a fly-by-night reputation at least in my area, where my own local dealer is now on the 3rd owner since I bought my own Mirage 8 years ago. Will they honour that extended warranty?
    My 2017 Mirage came with White Bear's lifetime/unlimited mile power train warranty. I'm sure that I broke all the various stipulations to keep that intact. If I didn't live 4 hours away from them, I may have taken it more seriously.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-25-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The American market could use the new 1.5L turbo in the Eclipse and drop it into a Mirage engine bay.
    I'm not sure what the regulations are with rally racing. The R5 is based on Mirages, is a Mirage, but not based on a road car with that 1.5L. I guess the Supra in Nascar is in no way a real Supra and the R5 is a Mirage with different engines and AWD.

Maybe our friends in the European market can find an older Mitsubishi with the 1.5 and put the engine in their cheap Mirage and make it into a true Ralli Art. I wonder if the front wheel drive setup would make the car hard to handle. However my friend's newer GTi is not awd.

Hopefully they find a junker Mirage that's orange lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I'm not sure what the regulations are with rally racing. The R5 is based on Mirages, is a Mirage,
    Is a Mirage? If I put a kenworth sticker on my Mirage then it's a Kenworth.
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-25-2022 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Please don't report, I don't want to get banned..............................................................................

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    The American market could use the new 1.5L turbo in the Eclipse and drop it into a Mirage engine bay.
    I think the Mirage could use a 2 cylinder parallel twin, 270° offset crank, turbo-diesel. Probably slower than the current car, but probably 70 mpg, or a skosh better. Killer mpg, and double-killer sound. That'd learn 'em!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I think the Mirage could use a 2 cylinder parallel twin, 270° offset crank, turbo-diesel. Probably slower than the current car, but probably 70 mpg, or a skosh better. Killer mpg, and double-killer sound. That'd learn 'em!
    That would sound like an Old 2 Cylinder JD . The best sound in the world. I grew up driving these on the farm!!! https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...88&FORM=WRVORC
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    It will fit since the 4B20 from eclipse is based on 4A9 and the 3A9 is basically a 4A9 with 3 cylinder i think its a good fit, with a little or major upgrade on rear suspension this can be done..DO IT!!!!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    I thought it was an early April fools day joke, but would Mitsubishi's marketing approve of that?

I think it's for Thailand only, not entirely clear to me.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en...etail1368.html

Attachment 23106

Attachment 23107

Attachment 23108
    Ralliart truck looks tougher!

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/03/mi...kups-and-suvs/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-26-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Why do all Manufactures figure I need a 4 door sedan Truck... Can I Not Get a regular Truck with a standard bed any more??? I Guess Not... Sorry, Not buying this...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)