Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage Ralliart

Mirage Ralliart (Thailand)

I thought it was an early April fools day joke, but would Mitsubishi's marketing approve of that?

I think it's for Thailand only, not entirely clear to me.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en...etail1368.html

The Mirage Ralliart is equipped with side decals and mud flaps with the Ralliart logo, and features black over fenders with carbon grain, adding a touch of Ralliart's tough driving to the Mirage's sharp and dynamic styling. Inside, floor mats with the Ralliart logo and two-tone red and black seats are specially equipped.

The Mirage Ralliart is available in Whited Diamond and Red Metallic, and is made sporty with a black roof, front grille, alloy wheels, door mirrors and rear spoiler.
    Name:  p_220318_m_1368_img_07.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  p_220318_m_1368_img_09.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  71.2 KB

Name:  p_220318_m_1368_img_08.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  57.7 KB

Last edited by vintzend; 03-18-2022 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Added quote and pics

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vintzend For This Useful Post:

blownb310 (04-04-2022),dspace9 (03-18-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Looks legit. Upgrades are 100% cosmetic from the sounds of it. 2 other Mitsubishis have this trim this year, Triton and something else mentioned in the pdf. Maybe it's a coincidence the release date is today.

Graphics like this would annoy me after the novelty wears off. Why I did not order a purple Mirage.

They should put the 1.8 Eclipse Cross turbo engine in every day Mirages, they have that engine in the real Mirage rally car, the R5 so should be easy to do.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    The turbo 1.5L will fit in the bay of a Mirage? Nice. That would be a hot hatch from hell with a tighter suspension. Sheeeeeeeeeeeit.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    I thought it was an early April fools day joke, but would Mitsubishi's marketing approve of that?

I think it's for Thailand only, not entirely clear to me.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en...etail1368.html

Name:  p_220318_m_1368_img_07.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  p_220318_m_1368_img_09.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  71.2 KB

Name:  p_220318_m_1368_img_08.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  57.7 KB
    ive read that they will again open their ralliart division but not for performance, more on body kits like this so probably this is a legit ralliart, well toyota is doing this on their GR so why not.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-19-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I never noticed the bodykit around the wheels until now lol, that is different, modern day streamlining going on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    ive read that they will again open their ralliart division but not for performance, more on body kits like this so probably this is a legit ralliart, well toyota is doing this on their GR so why not.
    I would only own one if it came with huge disclaimer sticker on the rear hatch stating -

"Still only 78 hp & slow as molasses!!!"

I don't want some guy behind me in a Corvette or something wondering why I am driving my sporty looking car like an old grandma!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    This is a slap in the face to Raillart really. It's decals and gaudy mud flaps. No performance boost at all. Would a turbo really screw the 3A92 up?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    . Would a turbo really screw the 3A92 up?

it would probably screw up their warranty policy yes...
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    it would probably screw up their warranty policy yes...
    I don't think that would be the case, because Dirk is referring to Mitsubishi offering a trim level of the Mirage that has a turbo engine.

If Mitsubishi didn't offer the same power train warranty for a turbo vehicle, that would be a big red flag to consumers.

The Eclipse Cross has a turbo engine along with the same warranty as the other models. I haven't noticed any disclaimers for the Eclipse Cross at least.

So there you have it. Put an Eclipse Cross power train in a Mirage! I'm sure this has been discussed before. I would rather have the 1.0 L non-turbo engine that get better mpg. I'm sorry, but more people need to learn how to drive a manual. Small cars & manuals just go together like peanut butter & jelly!
    Last edited by Mark; 03-19-2022 at 04:57 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A Mirage with the 1.5 turbo and a stick would be sweet. They did that before in the 80's... Why not now?

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...